Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Registries

So, registries - do they go on invites, or is it better to include slips to the stores themselves in the invitation envelopes? Which would you consider to be in best form?

Also, how many are too many? I'm honestly not a big fan of registries so I've never looked into them much, but FI and FMIL prefer them so I'm trying to be accommodating - yet new to what's proper.

Thanks, all.

Re: Registries

• Options
    So, registries - do they go on invites, or is it better to include slips to the stores themselves in the invitation envelopes? Which would you consider to be in best form?

Also, how many are too many? I'm honestly not a big fan of registries so I've never looked into them much, but FI and FMIL prefer them so I'm trying to be accommodating - yet new to what's proper.

Thanks, all.
    Neither is proper- no registry at all in the invites. Shower invites can include them, but they never go in the wedding invite. I don't really there is a proper number, but I think over 3 gets a little too much just because its a lot to look at.

• Options
    We received little slips from Macy's that I gather are meant to be inserted in invitations but from what I've learned that's a no-no. You can include registry information on your wedding website, or simply use word of mouth. As for how many... We did two registries. I think 2-3 is "the norm".
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Registry information never goes in a wedding invite. It's fine to put them on your wedding website, and shower invites though.

I had a total of 4 registries. 3 traditional, and one on etsy. Depending on where you are registered, I'd start side eyeing after 5.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Registry information should never be included with a wedding invitation- not on the invitation itself and not as an insert. It is okay to include it with a shower invitation and can be either on the invite or as an insert. Registries are completely up to you and your FI. I look more at the number and type of items registered for. It really depends on the number of guests you're expecting and if you're having a shower or not and the type of items you want/ need. There's really no right answer to this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NEVER put registry information on a wedding invitation.  Do not include it with your invitations!  It screams, "Buy me a gift!"
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    tcnoble said:
    We received little slips from Macy's that I gather are meant to be inserted in invitations but from what I've learned that's a no-no. You can include registry information on your wedding website, or simply use word of mouth. As for how many... We did two registries. I think 2-3 is "the norm".
    Macy's and BBB will give these to you because they want to make money off your wedding. And they don't care that it's rude to your guests. *le sigh* the wedding industry....

Yes, you can put this info on your website. If you have an info insert in your invitations, you can include your website (NOT like "for registry info go to..." but just the website). And if someone says "where are you registered" you can tell them - but don't proactively announce that your registered at Macy's (awkward...). 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Registry info should never go in anything you send out.  You never bring up gifts to yourself without being asked.  Mailing registry information is the same as walking up to your grandmother and telling her that you'd like a blender, fully unprompted.  

If you shower hosts want to use those cards or print it on invitations, that's up to them.  
  • Options
    Thanks for confirming this for me! I hate even talking about gifts, even the idea of a shower makes me a bit uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Give the store cards to anyone hosting a shower for you, but otherwise, leave registry information out of your invitations.  Including gift information of any kind in a wedding invitation comes off as grabby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards