Just Engaged and Proposals

Officially Engaged

So there's a little bit of background we have to get through - my fiance (tee hee) and I live two provinces away from my family, in the town where he grew up and his family is.  We had set a date back in May and have been planning our wedding, knowing that we would want a short engagement and wanted to make sure our venue and church were available - our parents and bridal party were informed immediately.  We did not announce our engagement at that point, or tell anyone other than immediate family, because he hadn't met my family yet, and we thought that it was fairly important for them to see him face to face before some random on the street knew we were engaged (it's a small town.  There will be randoms).  Everyone who knew has been extremely supportive and very excited for us.  Last weekend he came home with me to meet my family, and asked my parents for their blessing, which they very happily gave.  I know he found a ring, but it'll take another six weeks to be ready, since it's being custom made, so we figured we'd just have a twist-tie ring to stand in until it gets here (cute, and simple, and very us).

SO THEN YESTERDAY, we had a picnic lunch, got coffee from our favourite place, and went for a drive.  As we started driving, he started handing me things - an envelope from the church (where we met), a cookie envelope from Subway (where we had our first date), a branch from the park (where we always eat lunch [and had just eaten lunch]), and the coffee cup he had just gotten from our favourite spot.  They all had song lyrics written on them from the song that was playing ('Half of Something Else' by The Airborne Toxic Event).  I got to read the lyrics as the song was playing, and when the song was over he pulled over and asked me to marry him.  I had started crying as soon as he started handing me things, and I had to ask him if I had said yes yet, since I couldn't remember. 

Then he gives me a beautiful little ring with leaves on it that his mom had given him to use until the one he ordered comes.  It's beautiful, and perfect, and I'm so glad I get to keep it forever, because I love it :)

Dude wins at proposals.  I can't even.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**

Re: Officially Engaged

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards