Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

TSA Pre Check

Wow I am on the way back from a business trip and I was randomly selected for Pre Check.  I was through security in about 60 seconds in two different cities, no shoes off, just throw my cell and belt in my bag and walk through a metal detector.  I'm going to enroll tomorrow; $85 fee for five years.  Can't believe how easy security was.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

Re: TSA Pre Check

• Options
    My mom got randomly selected on a trip she went on last year.  I fly 5-6 times a year and have never gotten selected.  Might be worth the $85 for time savings!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes tsa precheck is awesome! Not enough people know about it. Also if you travel internationally you should also sign up for CBP Global Entry program. You get through customs so much quicker!
  • Options
    I have signed up for it and LOVE it! I can get through in about 5 mins! I am not a fan of the randomly selection though because people don't always know what to do so it slows me down haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How often do you guys fly?  Just wondering if its worth it... for just 5-6 times per year... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes tsa precheck is awesome! Not enough people know about it. Also if you travel internationally you should also sign up for CBP Global Entry program. You get through customs so much quicker!
    I wish we flew intl enough to use it. :-(  My wife and I went out of the country for honeymoon and once in 2013 before preggo.  Other than that I've never been out of the country lol.  I have so many Delta miles from work that I could take us to Bora Bora and back in business class but that became a lot harder with the baby ha.  One of these days....

• Options
    hmgiffor said:
    I have signed up for it and LOVE it! I can get through in about 5 mins! I am not a fan of the randomly selection though because people don't always know what to do so it slows me down haha
    That was me on the random selection lol.  I was like so I just throw this stuff in my bag, and then I can walk through that thing?!  hahahaha

• Options
    I was at a meeting recently where the Tsa was speaking about pre check and the reason they are doing random selection is so more people will know about it and signup. It eases crunches at normally busy airports. Although sometimes it isn't open very early which defeats the purpose for business travelers. They use a strange algorithm to randomly select people so sometimes children are selected.
    It's only worth it if you are flying out of airports where the lines get backed up or always during peak times. If Orlando was my home airport for example it would be worth it because you could get around the packs of families and vacation travelers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards