North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Dress Alterations in the Triangle?

Can anyone recommend someone to do dress alterations in the triangle or surrounding area? I bought my dress at David's Bridal, but I don't trust their alteration team after reading so many terrible reviews. I need someone who can hem the dress as well as take it in to make it more of a true fit and flare/trumpet shape (so take it in around the hips). I'm considering adding faux buttons to the back as well, so someone who could make those alterations as well. All of this on a lace over satin dress. Thanks!

Re: Dress Alterations in the Triangle?

• I used Alterations by Ruth (website). She took my dress in, sewed in a strapless bra, and made a french bustle. She's great. She does the alterations out of her home in Cary. Highly recommend her!
  • I am using a lady named Olga. Everyone I know who is married have used her. Her reviews are amazing on yelp. She is booked up like crazy so you have to make your appointment like a year in advance. They say she is very reasonably priced and her work is outstanding! Even new people I have met used her. I am sold! I called her in July to get on her waiting list for my wedding next May. She is booked through December and said im number 27 for next year.DM me if you want her number
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards