Virginia-Richmond

Outdoor venue in Richmond/Amelia/Powhatan

I am looking for a wedding venue in the Richmond area or West of Richmond (Amelia area) that will allow for an outdoor ceremony and reception (tented) for 100 or so people. Ideally, it would be great to have an inn that allows for a weekend stayover and other inns/hotels nearby that could accomodate a bunch more guests as we will have many out of town visitrs. So far looking at: Winterham Plantation, Clover Leaf Plantation, Mankin Mansion (possibly a bit more formal and over budget), the Mill at Fine Creek, Fairview Farm, and Tuckahoe Plantation. Can anyone share feedback about any of these venues? Are there any other venues I should consider? (Sorry for the double post in VA!)

Re: Outdoor venue in Richmond/Amelia/Powhatan

• I live in Chesterfield and I was looking at outdoor venues when I first started my venue search. I looked at The Mill at Fine Creek and Fairview Farm. Both seemed to be very pricey both with venue itself and food. Something you may want to keep in mind if you find land or an outside venue that can accommodate a tent is restrooms. I know Fairview filled up very quick so our date wasn't even available almost a year out. I went to the Richmond Bridal Expo last winter and that really helped me narrow down my search. We ended up winning a raffle at Stonehenge Golf and Country Club in Richmond, VA so that is where we later decided to have our wedding. Our venue is outside overlooking the golf course and our reception is inside. We ended up renting out the whole country club (two story building) for under $700. Try this website: http://richmondweddings.com/service/richmond-garden-and-outdoor-weddings/
    Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards