Offbeat Weddings

Amusement Park Wedding

Hello Folks!

So I posted this question on a different discussion board, but feel like it would fit better here.  My boyfriend of 3 years and I have been talking marriage for the last year or 2 and we love the idea of having an amusement park wedding.  He has been hinting at an engagement for the last month and has even written down dates within the next 2 summers that he think would be good for a wedding.

Anyways, we would love to have the wedding at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio.  However, I don't want to get married super early in the morning, I would still like to have a reception as well as a few hours in the amusement park.  We were talking about maybe getting the VIP tour for ourselves and our small wedding party.  Still lots of talk.  Also, we live in Nebraska, the majority of my family lives in Illinois, and his live in Nebraska, so this would technically be a destination wedding.

Has anyone been to an amusement park wedding, or have any ideas of how we can make this work with everything we want?

Thanks for all your help!

Re: Amusement Park Wedding

• I have nothing useful to say, but this sounds amazing! What kind of dress would you wear?
  • I love the silk chiffon beach style dresses.  They appear to be super light weight, and as long as I don't have a train I should be good to go on the rides!  Definitely nothing poofy, just a sheath dress with nothing crazy.
  • Fun! Best of luck!
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    So I think the best way to work this one out is to have like a morning reception/brunch style wedding. Then after, anyone who wants to go to the park can go with you guys! I'm not sure if you can have the wedding there or anything, but I'm thinking about your older guests/young kids/people who generally don't want to be in an amusement park.

Cedar point is expensive, so make sure you pay everyone's ticket to get in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

•     They may have plans set up in place for weddings. We are having our wedding at Disneyland. We aren't having it in the parks, because they are extremely expensive and happen either before or after the parks are opened or closed so no access to the rides unless you rent one out (you can pay to have one ride open during your reception). 

We are using one of their hotel packages for the ceremony and reception then heading into the park afterwards with our photographer for pictures and fun. Obviously I love your idea of an amusement park wedding and would love to attend one. Fiance and I are huge amusement park geeks. 

We did keep it to mostly immediate family. Some of my extended family were less than enthused about a Disney wedding, so we decided to just keep it small so no one feels obligated to go. Our immediate family's love Disneyland as much as we do. 
  • I love the idea! we thought about doing something like this because we live a few hours from Orlando. Ultimately we decided on doing a beach ceremony with a vintage carnival reception. So it still has a "fun aspect to it", no rides but games, caricature artist, food trucks, and fair foods
  • Have you checked this out- https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/wedding-packages

Seems like you have a few options but for an in-the-park wedding it has to be in the morning? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards