Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Groom's attire

So, we talk a lot about what us brides are wearing, but what about the grooms?  I'm looking for a place to rent in Vegas so he doesn't have to travel with it... my dress will be enough for me to worry about! :)  What are you guys doing for the men?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Groom's attire

• Options
    I'll be following this as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did Men's Wearhouse.  You can get measured locally and pick up in Vegas, there is a location not too far from the strip.  We picked up on Thursday and there were about a dozen guys picking stuff up when they opened.  Worked out really well.  

1159 E Twain Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89109 is the address of the location we used.  

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    We are using that Men's Wearhouse location as well.

I have a question though: What about the groom's boutonniere?  Can it be different that the groomsmen's?  All their tuxes are the same and we thought to make FH stand out, he could wear a flower from my bouquet (dark red) instead of of the all-white ones the groomsmen will be wearing.  Their boutonnieres will all match the flowers my girls will carry (also white).  So FH and I would be the only one with different color flowers.  Would that be OK?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think that's a great idea with the flowers - definitely okay!
  • Options
    @dbacksgirl - i think that is great idea and it will add a nice pop of color in the photos too!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    We are using the same Men's Warehouse as @ktbab530 too! It's so much easier to have the scattered groomsmen get fitted and not have to worry about it. We are going to have to get different ties than they offer just based on color selection, but overall it's not a bad deal for the groomsmen and the fitting alone makes it worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I purchased a tux for myself and my groomsmen.  I've never been happy with the fit of rentals so I decided to go that route.  I had a different boutonniere than my gm's; I had a Calla Lily and my gm's just had a white rose I think, something like that.  I had a platinum tie and they had gold.  They handled their own shoes and shirts; I didn't want to dictate anything we weren't buying for them because I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of clothing directives.  We did not do vests.  I personally have a strong dislike for vests; I feel like the wedding industry and high school proms are the only thing keeping vests in existence, so please don't make your man wear a vest unless he requests it; most guys I know hate them. :-) 

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I have no idea what location we are using in Vegas, I just know that we went with Men's Warehouse and are picking up in Vegas 
  • Options
    a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    We went to men's wear house to find a tux. Fi seemed annoyed with the whole process and I satisfied. I dragged him back two days later and we ended up buying two suits instead. They look amazing on him, only cost $150 more for both suits, shirts and ties, and he gets to keep them forever. Like vg he didn't like the way they alter the same coats and pants over and over and he really didn't like the tux he picked. I'm going to make him take me to all kinds of fancy places so he can wear the shit out of his suits when we gets back, he looks so good!
  • Options
    Perfect!  A suit that fits you properly is definitely so much better.  Finding good people that take their time and do all the appropriate measurements is difficult too; I've bought all my suits from the same guy for the past few years.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards