Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Proofread my Invite, please!!!

Hey everyone, we nailed down our menu and decided to order invites just to get it out of the way (and no, I'm not mailing them now hahahaha). Here's what I have so far, let me know what I need to change, add, take out, etc.

Together with their parents

Bridesfirstname Brideslastname

and

Groomsfirstname Groomslastname

Request the Pleasure of your Company

At the Celebration of their Wedding

Friday, the Twelfth of December

Two thousand and fourteen

Six o'clock in the evening

Venue name

234 Main Street, Anytown, Connecticut

Reception to Follow

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Insert Card:

For directions, hotel information and a detailed descripton of the menu, please visit our wedding website at:

www.myweddingwebsite.com

--------------------------------------------------------

RSVP (please help me if my dates are wrong for RSVP. My final head-count is due on December 2nd, so I figured I would have RSVPs due by November 25th so it gives me a week to track down any RSVPs that haven't come in yet. If I'm doing this wrong, or need to change the date, let me know!!)

RSVP by November 25th, 2014

M__________

Accepts____ Regrets_____

Please initial by meal choice

____Beef

____Chicken

____Salmon

____Vegetarian

Guys, thanks so much in advance because I am LOST.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Proofread my Invite, please!!!

• Options
    edited July 2014

Hey everyone, we nailed down our menu and decided to order invites just to get it out of the way (and no, I'm not mailing them now hahahaha). Here's what I have so far, let me know what I need to change, add, take out, etc.

Bridesfirstname BrideMiddleName Brideslastname

and

Groomsfirstname GroomMiddleName Groomslastname

Rrequest the Ppleasure of your Ccompany

Aat the Ccelebration of their Wwedding

Friday, the Ttwelfth of December

Two thousand and fourteen

at Ssix o'clock in the evening

Venue name

234 Main Street, Anytown, Connecticut

Reception to Ffollow

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Insert Card:

For directions, hotel information and a detailed description of the menu, please visit our wedding website at:

www.myweddingwebsite.com

--------------------------------------------------------

RSVP (please help me if my dates are wrong for RSVP. My final head-count is due on December 2nd, so I figured I would have RSVPs due by November 25th so it gives me a week to track down any RSVPs that haven't come in yet. If I'm doing this wrong, or need to change the date, let me know!!) Date is fine.

RSVP by November 25th, 2014

M__________

Accepts____ Regrets_____

Please initial by meal choice

____Beef

____Chicken

____Salmon

____Vegetarian

Guys, thanks so much in advance because I am LOST.

You may try to figure out a way to put the menu descriptions on the RSVP card versus asking people to log onto the wedding website to determine their choice. Not everyone has the internet (I know hard to believe in this day and age, but true) or will make this connection.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Your capitalization should follow sentence case - only the first letter of the first word gets capitalized. So no caps for request, pleasure, company, at, celebration, wedding, twelfth, or follow. 

Year is properly written "Two thousand fourteen" with no "and." 

It's not necessary to say "in the evening," but it doesn't harm anyone. (I kept "in the afternoon" on mine because it filled the line more nicely and looked more symmetrical.)

• Options

@lolo883 does the capitalization count if the font is all in caps? I can link a copy of the invite if that helps.

@southernbelle0915 FI really doesn't want his middle name in the invite, does it have to be? This is his hill to die on for the whole wedding. I'm fine either way. Also, how would a guest know how to get to the venue if there's no address? This is assuming they don't have the internet (what's wrong with these people?! Hahaha). The menu choices are London broil, chicken scalloppini, salmon with a citrus-glaze sauce and eggplant parm. Should I just list that on the RSVP and if people want really detailed stuff, they can go on the website?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    If all the caps are the same height, not "small caps" for anything that would otherwise be lower case, then it doesn't matter. If the capitalized caps are larger, you'll want to change them.

You don't need to include middle names if you don't want to use them.

• Options

@lolo883 they are all the same, so I'm good!

My FI thanks you for saying it's okay to not include middle names. He's so picky about it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's standard and more formal to use middle names, but you're not breaking any etiquette rules if you decide not to. On your invite insert, I would include the address. And you have detailed directions to your venue on your website, correct? I think that's sufficient to help people find it. I like your menu descriptions - they're short and sweet. I would add them to your RSVP card so people can easily decide without having to take the extra step of logging onto your website to see what kind of beef, chicken, etc... ETF: paragraphs... welp - guess they're not working! sorry buddysmom!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    It's standard and more formal to use middle names, but you're not breaking any etiquette rules if you decide not to. On your invite insert, I would include the address. And you have detailed directions to your venue on your website, correct? I think that's sufficient to help people find it. I like your menu descriptions - they're short and sweet. I would add them to your RSVP card so people can easily decide without having to take the extra step of logging onto your website to see what kind of beef, chicken, etc... ETF: paragraphs... welp - guess they're not working! sorry buddysmom!

SITB:

Paragraphs NEVER work for me on here, don't worry. The website will have the address to the venue as well as directions. If anything, guests can call us for any more info.

Thanks so much! This wasn't as painful as I thought it would be!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options

Bridesfirstname Brideslastname

and

Groomsfirstname Groomslastname

request the pleasure of your company

as they are united in marriage

Friday, the twelfth of December

two thousand fourteen

six o'clock in the evening

Venue name

234 Main Street

Anytown, Connecticut

Reception to follow

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I think your wording "celebration of their wedding"  implies that you are already married, and this is a celebration party.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards