Wisconsin

outdoor winter wedding

hello all, i am looking for a venue to hold our wedding. it is an outdoor winter wwedding in dec 2013 or jan 2014 depending on what we can find available. in any part of wisconsin would be great. we like the idea of the renovated barn, but not too rustic. any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Re: outdoor winter wedding

• Speaking from a practical standpoint, an outdoor winter Wisconsin wedding sounds like a nightmare.  Even with heaters, it could still be below zero. Please rethink these plans.
  • thank you for your input, but we are set in our plan as for the ceremony only will be outside.
  • I would check into Badger Farms, which is just east of Madison in Cottage Grove.  We looked into it...it's rennovated and heated, and has a beautiful scenic landscape surrounding the grounds.  We just couldn't have ours there because of capacity issues (we are inviting too many people).

Good luck!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would check into Badger Farms, which is just east of Madison in Cottage Grove.  We looked into it...it's rennovated and heated, and has a beautiful scenic landscape surrounding the grounds.  We just couldn't have ours there because of capacity issues (we are inviting too many people).

Good luck!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_outdoor-winter-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:d41bf726-4d15-47c7-8924-ae52c648d574Post:eecb23de-92ef-47ac-8521-6c6cd91d3851">Re: outdoor winter wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]thank you for your input, but we are set in our plan as for the ceremony only will be outside.
    Posted by ncm2323[/QUOTE]

<div>Even an outdoor ceremony could be very unpleasant for your guests if it is cold out, which is a very likely possiblity in January in Wisconsin.  With so many beautiful indoor options, I'm not sure why you would want to subject your guests to this. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_outdoor-winter-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:d41bf726-4d15-47c7-8924-ae52c648d574Post:eecb23de-92ef-47ac-8521-6c6cd91d3851">Re: outdoor winter wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]thank you for your input, but we are set in our plan as for the ceremony only will be outside.
    Posted by ncm2323[/QUOTE]

The Country Springs Hotel in Pewaukee might be able to work with you.

It doesn't appear like we can talk you out of this idea. Since the sun goes down at like, 4:00PM, and it starts setting by like 3:00 (not literally, but you get my point), I'm assuming you'd have a brunch/lunch reception so you'd have at least some daylight/warmth for your ceremony?
  • Brrrrr. I went to a late September wedding once, and that was freezing and uncomfortable even though the ceremony was only 20 min. long. I wouldn't bother trying to reserve city or county shelters, they usually are not accepting them in the winter time. You could still just show up and have your event, there wouldn't be a reservation fee but you'd have to make sure you weren't ousted by a group of sledders or something.
  • we are looking for a venue where the ceremony and the reception both would be held. coats and boots are suggested for the ceremony, even the bridesmaids and groomsmen will have boots and the girls capes. we are taking the cold into consideration and the date is jan. 2014. our thoughts are a renovated barn with heated inside. we went to look at the enchanted barn this weekend. that had been our first choice, now not even an option: not impressed one bit. so any help would be helpful
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_outdoor-winter-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:d41bf726-4d15-47c7-8924-ae52c648d574Post:c1b8168c-571c-4061-8b27-7591811e9ef3">outdoor winter wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]hello all, i am looking for a venue to hold our wedding. it is an outdoor winter wwedding in dec 2013 or jan 2014 depending on what we can find available. in any part of wisconsin would be great. we like the idea of the renovated barn, but not too rustic. any help would be appreciated, thank you!
    Posted by ncm2323[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>La Grange-Ledgeview Barn in Depere. I know they have a fire pit and keep a tender to refurbish the wood!</div><div>
    </div><div>Also Pamperin Park in Green Bay!

</div>
  • I'm also having an outdoor ceremony in January in WI. Also I've been criticized for this as well as I'm sure you have but at the end of the day do what you want!  We are looking at Cathedral Square for the ceremony and the reception site is only 1 minute away(literally) Our ceremony is really short though not even 10 minutes. We will also have a basket of gloves with hot hands.
  • @theresabeth I would highly suggest reconsidering. Think of your guests... Take today for example, it was zero degrees in the city with the windchill and what like, 6 inches of snow? You really think your loved ones want to trample through snow in freezing temperatures in dresses and suits? It won't be any better come January and sorry but hot hands aren't going to do anything. Are you planning on wearing snow boots under your dress? Sounds like a disaster. If you love snow, just sneak outside for a few photos with your husband afterwards. 
  • I'm all about a pretty winter wedding, I myself am getting married in Wisco but I am not that dedicated :)
  • @RhiMarieC we do have an indoor back up plan should it be too cold or snowy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards