Snarky Brides
Options

Last minute plan-breakers

I'm sure 'plan-breakers' isn't the best word, but you get the idea. There's a bridal show near my home on Sunday, I've been looking forward to it since May. They only do 2 a year, one in January and one in July, and since I got engaged in April, I obviously missed the January one. And I have no idea why they don't do more around here, but I've googled and researched and can't find any except this one show that happens twice a year. 

Anyway, my point is that as soon as I knew about the July one (in May) I told my mom about it. She's kind of been like my stand-in MOH because my official MOH lives several states away so she obviously can't be around to help me do wedding stuff. I've been reminding my mom about it periodically over the last 2 months, and now it's this Sunday. The plan was for me and her, her friend, and maybe one of my bridesmaids if she's free to all go together. 

I get a text from my mom this morning (a response to me texting her something wedding-related) that she and my father are taking a spur of the moment trip to New Orleans this weekend. But they will try to be back in time for the bridal show. New Orleans is a 5 hour drive, they would need to leave at like 4 am to get back in time to go to the bridal show, and I'm sure they'd be exhausted from the drive when they get back. I told her it was totally fine and not to rush to get back, because it is only a bridal show, it's not like she's missing something super important. It just kinda bums me out that she's bailing on it. And if this is such a spontaneous trip, why not wait and go next weekend? 

Then I tell FI about it and now HE'S bummed because HE wants to go to New Orleans too, but we can't because I have something planned Saturday that I can't get out of. I told him he should go if he wants to (we have friends down there he would be seeing, he's not just taking a random trip to hang out in NOLA alone) and I honestly don't care. It sucks that I can't just take off and go too, but it's fine. I'll do my thing Saturday that I have planned, then sit on my couch eating pretzels and cake icing alone because no one likes me. (That's totally meant to be a joke, but I'm having a party for one here haha). Anyway, I guess I just wanted to vent for a sec. At the end of the day I know it doesn't matter and maybe it'll work out where my BM is free and me and her can go to the show on Sunday. Thanks for listening :)
Anniversary

Re: Last minute plan-breakers

• Options
    Sending a hug your way! It stinks when someone breaks any kind of plan, for sure.  I hope a bridesmaid can go with you.
    Some people love the shows because that's indeed where they find vendors. Others go just because it's a wedding thing to do and there's excitement there.  I didn't realize the vendors would be so local, so when I went to a show I didn't book anyone. I really enjoyed the fashion show though.  

If this is one your opportunity to see local vendors en masse in your area, go anyway even if no one can come. I hope they can though! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards