Not Engaged Yet
Options

Book Post!

2»

Re: Book Post!

• Options

Swazzle said:
    I'm listening to The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt and really enjoying it.

I listened to The Help over and over again. I've reread Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself by Judy Blume probably the most times. I love that Sally character so much.

I tried reading the Goldfinch and just could not get into it. I've heard that you either love it or you hate it. I might be apart of the latter group.
    I think listening to books can give one a very different impression of a story. For example, I don't like Katnis or her games.
  • Options

Swazzle said:

I listened to The Help over and over again. I've reread Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself by Judy Blume probably the most times. I love that Sally character so much.

I tried reading the Goldfinch and just could not get into it. I've heard that you either love it or you hate it. I might be apart of the latter group.
    I think listening to books can give one a very different impression of a story. For example, I don't like Katnis or her games.

• Options
    YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!  ^^^ That was the GIF I wanted to post!! LOL
  • Options
    Swazzle said:

Swazzle said:

:) Maybe if JLaw had read it to me...
  • Options
    Swazzle said:

I hate it too. I had to put it down after like 500 pages. I couldn't stand the protagonist and was to the point where I'd lost all sympathy for him. I can't believe that book won the Pulitzer.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

eilis1228 said:
    Swazzle said:

I hate it too. I had to put it down after like 500 pages. I couldn't stand the protagonist and was to the point where I'd lost all sympathy for him. I can't believe that book won the Pulitzer.
    I wonder what page I am on...
  • Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    @tuarceatha I stopped caring when he was an adult and working in the shop. He was so stuck on himself, and I got tired of reading about how he was screwing over the few people who actually cared about him. I ended up reading the rest of the plot on Wikipedia, and meh. I'm glad I didn't read more. I let a coworker borrow it after I stopped reading, and she finished it but said she hated it too. A lot of people really love the book though. 

I think part of the problem for me was I thought it was going to be very White Collar-ish. I thought the protagonist was going to be this awesome, charming, brilliant art thief. Instead he's just a giant fuck up who accidentally becomes an art thief. I also thought his years in Vegas dragged on and on and on, so I think I'd already lost patience by the time the plot probably improved.

• Options
    I'm currently reading The Shining, but I'm having a hard time because I know there are scary parts coming and I'm nervous.

I need to finish 11/22/63. I started reading it before I got my Kindle, and the book is SO. DAMN. HEAVY. 

I didn't HATE the end of Gone Girl, but I'm 99% sure they're changing it for the movie, and I'm okay with it. 

I have about 15 other books on my Kindle that I need to read. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin I haven't looked at my Kindle in months. I've been trying to read all my physical books on my bookshelf first... I think I have about 15 e-books to go through too. And I just bought more, including 11/22/63. Oops!

Let me know what you think of The Shining. I'm not really a fan of scary things, but everyone talks about how great that book is.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards