Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Article on Hakkasan at MGM Grand- awful!

Hey all!

I was reading news today and came across this article on Hakkasan at MGM Grand... Yikes! Thought the Vegas group might like to see it:

http://jezebel.com/vegas-club-to-bachelorette-party-no-whales-or-hippos-a-1606201143?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Definitely gave me the Ewwwww feeling!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Article on Hakkasan at MGM Grand- awful!

• Options
    What in the ever loving f**k!! Terrible but sadly I believe it! This is rampant in Miami too...friend works at a club and wanted me to send pics before getting them on the list. But outright saying no whales or hippos is inflammatory and ridiculous! Just say no and leave it at that.
  • Options
    Right?! I'm not well-versed in the club world, but this seemed way over the top to me. Crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love coming to Vegas but I've never been in any clubs sounds horrific.
  • Options
    missholly18missholly18 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited July 2014
    I saw that too and immediately forward to my gfs... not visiting that club for sure!
  • Options
    a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I can't say it am suprises. We had to go through this kind of deal for our group. They use the deals/comps to make the club build the impression that it's the hotspot on the strip. That can't do that with a bunch of Middle Ages women and larger girls. Unfortunely it's the cruelty of the business. It sucks because those "whales" and "hippos". Could be the life of the party. It's not like they won't let you in when you get there, they just won't offer you any discounts of freebies.
  • Options
    Wow! This is appalling! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ah yes, club promoters, one step up from bathroom attendant.  All powerful on Friday and Saturday night for four or five hours, irrelevant the rest of the time.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards