Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Just Need to Vent

Now that I am not at Aria (still stings a bit!) I see it was an opportunity to either save money and spend more on food/drinks/nightclub or find the most awesome wedding chapel possible. I feel this internal struggle to be cheap vs. "wow people" all while keeping in mind the chapel is only 15 mins of the day!

I HATE being indecisive! Ok end rant :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Just Need to Vent

• Options
    id save money and spend at home on stuff.  That's just me.  Whatever you decide will be the best decision for you and your FI and beautiful no matter what
  • Options
    JixxtJixxt member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I was the same... wanted to go to Vegas to save money, but it's all about 'wowing' people and showing them an amazing time because they're travelling from Australia to be there. It's more $$ but for the people that are prepared to spent over $1200 in flights, it is worth it. 
    Our ceremony is at Wynn, for 15min and the pricing is crazyyyyy... I get what you mean!
  • Options
    I had the exact same Internal struggle especially since aria is in the pricier side of chapels. I was even pricing out other chapels with the aria cancellation fee and some of them were still less. Either way, I decided the total experience and comfort they provided me was worth the extra money...you know their beautiful ready rooms and the decor. Etc.
    Remember your comfort, piece of mind, and experience matters too especially with the chapel. That's the main reason you're there after all! To get married. I say splurge!
  • Options
    I don't know if you have come across Mon Bel Ami, I really had to dig online to find it and I never have seen any posts about it on these boards, but it's gorgeous.  They have this really pretty outside area with this black and white drapping.  It's very I'm in Paris on a patio vibe.  The packages are not very high and the lady I have been working with is amazing.  There are tons of videos on their site also. 
  • Options
    I totally understand the feeling to want to 'wow' your guests.  We were the exact same way.  And what we remember most about the weekend is not how everything looked, but it was the fact that we had our nearest and dearest in Vegas with us for an amazing 4 days.  

As we played our last song everyone gathered around us as we danced and that was my favorite moment of the whole weekend.  Just seeing all our friends and family so happy for us and celebrating with us.  

At the end of the day do what makes you and your FI happy.  Everyone there is there to celebrate with you and they will have an amazing time no matter what because they love you guys!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    We has the same struggle, that's one of the reasons we opted for vegas. In the initial plan stages of our wedding at home we were looking at 20,000+. We has an ever growing guest list and were lookig at a ton of DIY in order to keep it at that. Then we were like, this is nuts, for one day. Let's go to vegas baby. It started out we were gong to elope, but our immediate families really wanted to be apart of our day, and then close friends. We are really happy with the happy medium we have, 28 guests and a unique wedding and reception for under $5,000. Do what makes you happy!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! You're all the best :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I now have it narrowed to SilverSky or Juno Gardens. Anyone get married at either of these recently? Any thoughts or recommendations?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The fact we are in Vegas is wow enough for me!!! But that's because we are coming from Australia too... so our wedding will be memorable for everyone anyway...
  • Options
    trm358trm358 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    @AustralianSam- I completely agree! Vegas is the wow factor! Anywhere you choose to have the ceremony will be perfect because it is all about your love for each other- the location is just excess. My FI and I are focusing our efforts more on the reception to thank our guests for being in our presence. Whatever you choose, your guests will be appreciative and thankful you thought of them. Keep in mind- guests never know how much anything costs :)
  • Options

I got married in Juno Gardens Oct 2012. Loved it. We didn't want an inside wedding so this was great. Its next to the pool but we didn't hear any noise. The space is beautiful and our pictures came out awesome.

My aunt over from England actually got married the next day in the skyline chapel. They just wanted something very simple and cheap so chose the 179 dollar package. The space is very nice looking. The only thing for me was our pictures vs. theres. Maybe because it was inside idk. Ours just turned out better.  I think both spaces are great theres a bit of a price difference. For me the outside space was just far superior. but that's just me.

• Options
    I think silver sky chapel looks awesome! I do regret not having an outdoor element to my ceremony but getting married in November I couldn't risk it. I can't remember your date @hmgiffor‌ but I say go for the outdoor option if you're in a month where it could work.
  • Options
    My date is April 11, 2015. I think we are going to look at the big picture to make a determination. Our goal for ceremony/reception is $10,000 for 50-60 people. If we go with a cheaper option (Carmine's or Wicked Spoon) then we could do Juno Gardens. If we go with a more expensive option (Joe's) then we would likely go with SilverSky. There are just so many darn factors!!!!

I'm not overly concerned with the photos as the majority of our photos will be on the Strip but I do want some good ones of our exchange of rings and first kiss. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards