Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Opinions on welcome bags!

After VegasGroom suggested 4Imprint (thanks for reminding me of them!) I started looking at their catalogue I am wondering if the drawstring bags that go on your back would be a good option for the welcome bag.  I had originally figured we would just customize gift bags ourselves but if I am ordering koozies from 4imprint I might get some custom bags too.  I am thinking they could be useful for people to use as a bag to throw some stuff in when out doing touristy stuff in Vegas too.  Do you guys think this is a good idea or should I just stick to the gift bag or a canvas bag option?

bag.jpg 427.2K

Re: Opinions on welcome bags!

• Options
    I think it's a unique idea and something they could use later in the future. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the idea... we're ultimately going with gift bags, with a personalized sticker, but I looked long and hard at tote bags, etc.  My ultimate reason for not getting them is because I knew I'd be pissed if I spent that money and someone threw them away, left in hotel, etc.  We're spending more money on whats in the bags as opposed to the bag.  But, if I had more money, I'd have loved to do a back pack type bag... :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yeah, I really wanted a tote one that people would use again... mainly just a vegas one - bit of a souvenir too. but I searched high and low and couldn't find any at a reasonable price... found one lot.. but they were on sale and the postage to Ausrtalia was ridiculous, and they couldn't guarantee they would still be available when we got there. So im just doing paper gift bags and making some labels to match the rest of our stuff.
  • Options
    I like the idea too, I think it all comes down to budget. Would you mind if they didn't all make it home with the guests? I'm going to have to think about these myself.
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • Options
    I ended up scrapping the drawstring bag idea because even through our vendors at work and at cost it was still going to cost a few hundred.  It's hard to justify that when there is a good chance people will leave them behind.  SO I ordered these from beforetheidos.com and with shipping I don't think I could have made these for any less.  And they come to my door and I don't have to do it! lol.  I ordered black bags w/ teal ribbon.

• Options
    Thanks for sharing the website!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @keozie, those are awesome and almost exactly what I was going to try to make on my own. Now I'm thinking I may just buy some like yours. Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @keozie, those are awesome and almost exactly what I was going to try to make on my own. Now I'm thinking I may just buy some like yours. Thank you!
    I would totally recommend it!  Even with shipping to Canada I don't think I could have made these for much less than the $3 each one is.  After the bags, sticker labels, ink to print them and ribbons I think it would have been comparable.  And if not, I'm happy to save the stress of making them, lol.  I am going to grab a deck of cards to write on with a sharpie for name tags.  I saw that on pinterest where they just hole punched the cards to attach to the bags and it was really cute!
  • Options
    I was going to do a classy custom tote but just yesterday decided to use those reusable shopping bag type thing, made from recycled material. I think I saw some colorful vegas souvenier types at the Walgreens on the strip. Now I'm just deciding if we should order them from somewhere before hand, or just pick them up when we get there...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards