Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Opinions on Go-Today.com

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever used this site before and what their experiences were?

Re: Opinions on Go-Today.com

• Options
    What are you looking for?  Have you talked to a travel agent?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    No I haven't. I was just looking around and I saw that their prices were pretty reasonable so I thought I would look at them. Originally I was looking at Portugal but if I could get a package deal that is cheaper then I might go that route instead. 
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    Are you looking to stay in one place? If so, Expedia (this is an online travel agent!) has great deals. Select your dates, select your departure city, select your arrival city and bam! You'll get a list of all the hotels in that area with prices. Select the hotel you like (research on TripAdvisor for reviews!). Then once you select the hotel, you will be given various flight options. Some flights will increase the package price, so take note when looking at the times. As I mentioned in your other post, Southern Spain is definitely an option and can fit into your $3k to get there and stay. Note, it will cost more for food and excursion. For a week in May, the hotel we stayed at was $1460 per person. You can walk across the street to the beach, you can walk all along the water to restaurants and shops. You can take a train into Seville for the day. You can visit the magnificent Ahlambra palace and gardens. You can stroll around the white washed town of Mijas. You can take the ferry over to Morocco. You can take a tour to see the Rock of Gibraltar. I'd be happy to provide more information, just PM me. There are many other wonderful locations in Europe, but this trip always stands out in my mind because it was one of the most affordable and one of the most enjoyable due to the location of the hotel and the variety of things to do.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip. I've never really traveled before so I wasn't sure if it was better to do a package deal or everything seperately. 
  • Options
    I have not been to Portugal, but if you have never traveled before, you will probably be well served to work with a human travel agent who specializes in the destination you want to see. A good human travel agent can put a package together that meets your preferences and budget and is there to answer any and all questions before, during, and after your trip. As @JoanE2012 mentioned, Expedia is a great place to find a quick package, but I know Joan is very well traveled and may not need the extra assistance :)

• Options
    Expedia IS an on line travel agency!  Use one that offers you some service.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Agree with Jells.....a live travel agent will be able to guide you through the process and advise you, especially if they specialize in the area you'd like to visit.  They'll be able to work out different options......tell you what it costs to stay a couple extra days.....or to leave from a different airport.....or the price difference between different hotels.  It's a great resource and you don't pay them!   Highly recommend you at least check it out.
  • Options
    Why don't you pay travel agents? Who does pay them?
  • Options

Why don't you pay travel agents? Who does pay them?

Some very well specialized agents do charge planning fees. However, agents are paid by commission from the hotels, tour companies, and airlines. Hotels have commission built into their rates. When you book direct, the hotel keeps the commission for themselves. When you book with Expedia, the hotel pays Expedia and that is how they make profit. When you book with a human travel agent, they get the commission from the hotel as their salary. Travel agents don't make any money until their clients have booked and traveled on their trip because the hotels won't pay them until the client has actually stayed there.

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    If a travel agent asks you for a fee, run!  They are paid a commission from the hotels, resorts, cruise ship line.  What a good travel agent should want from you is return business and recommendations to your friends!  If they can please you, you can send them referrals.  That means more commissions for them.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards