Snarky Brides
Options

How do we feel about pregnant belly pics on facebook?

A girl I know just posted a whole photo shoot of herself 8 months pregnant wearing a strapless bra top and I dunno- I'm not loving it. I think pictures with a tight outfit that accentuates the shape and size of the belly is really cute. But I think the actual skin is a little too personal for me. Also this other girl posted a picture in her underwear bragging about her post baby weight and amazing body. I give the girl credit for working out a lot and she does look great but I feel with a fiance that is inappropriate. She could have gotten the same message across wearing workout shorts and a tight workout tank top, not underwear.

Re: How do we feel about pregnant belly pics on facebook?

• Options
    Ate my paragraphs and won't let me edit!

• Options
    RebeccaFlowerRebeccaFlower member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    I think 90% of what people put on facebook is eyeroll worthy, so I'm probably not the right person to ask haha :) so my answer is that it's weird. I just don't know why people would want that out there. 

ETA pressed too soon.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan at all. Hate the bare belly photos. If you want them for yourselves then go for it.
  • Options
    I agree. Showing that much skin (in any context) is a bit much for me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I am all about not being ashamed to show off very natural things. I like them. And progress losing the baby weight is something to be proud of!

Although I tend to judge people when they do the above in their skivvies. You are right, you can accomplish the same thing in a tank top and shorts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Something about bare belly pictures weirds me out. I don't know what it is but I just don't like it. Put a shirt on.
  • Options
    As previously admitted, I'm not past the toddler mentality of running around nekkid or nearly so. If we have babies, there will be nekkid or nearly nekkid pictures. I take them now, why not then.

However, like hell will I be publicly sharing nekkid pictures. Bra top and booty shorts however may occur.
  • Options
    I think the pictures themselves are fine, but that's really something that should only be shared between a husband and a wife (or mom and dad to be if they aren't married). Those are seriously the only two people who want to see those pictures or care about them anyways. Show me pictures of the baby when it gets here, but not while it's still in your uterus.
  • Options
    I feel the same way about these as I do bathing suit pictures on Facebook. I see no harm in a few, but too many and I'll think you're wanting more attention than I want to give.
  • Options
    Unless the belly is painted in an amusing way (pumpkin, Earth, etc) I don't want to see it on FB.

My own pasty white belly is not going to be showcased on there either.
  • Options
    beethery said:
    My friend is a pro photographer and does a lot of maternity photoshoots. She doesn't do bare tums at all and every pregnant lady looks like a damn dream. Sometimes the photos are a little cheesy, but they're mostly super classy and nice looking.

Being who I am, I know I'm going to look like a refrigerator caught in a tornado while I'm pregnant, so I have no interest in doing any kind of maternity shoot. Lord knows if I wouldn't be caught dead showing my stomach now I sure the hell won't be into showing it when I'm carrying a kid.
    I know I will get a butt ton of stretch marks, gain 60 pounds, go up 14 bra sizes and they WILL sag, have puffy skin everywhere and with my luck all my hair will fall out!

I have seen two of my sisters and my mom during their pregnancies. I know my fate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I really don't want to see that much of someone's skin, especially someone that's not a super close friend. 
  • Options
    I do not like the skin pictures either, but think cute snug tops are totally fine.

This one couple I know... The mom-to-be wore a bra top and tied a ribbon around her belly. There was a photo of her husband embracing her from behind and she was leaning into him; they both had their eyes closed.
    My reaction was basically, "Um... that needs to stay in the bedroom..."
    Ugh.  

• Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I think it's kind of adorable actually, but I get super excited over pregnancies and babies. I do agree if I did that kind of shoot I would be keeping it to myself. But I'm kind of a private person anyway. I don't really mind it, but it does get to a point where it's too much and gets into AW territory. 
  • Options
    I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. I don't think they're tacky in the same way ultrasound photos are tacky (seriously. Do not show me pictures of the inside of your body without my asking for them. That stuff is for an email to your mom and your nearest/dearest, not me, your high school acquaintance. I don't want to see your insides). It's just not my scene at all. I'm not sure what the point is? Like, "I'm pregnant, and HERE'S THE PROOF, Y'ALL! There really is a miniature human growing inside me!" That is great. But why does facebook need photo evidence?
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    Yea this girl had the stupid ribbon wrapped around and with the tag that says "Do not open until August 27th". I can't stand those because you don't know what your body is going to do. I have two really close friends who each had emergency C-sections at 30 weeks and 32 weeks respectively. So as much as you think your due date is cute it might not hold any meaning as to when this baby is coming.

• Options
    My cousin posted a monthly photo of just her in her underwear and covering her boobs with her arms as she takes a mirror selfie. It was an interesting concept, but sharing it on FB (then combining all the pictures to make her cover photo) was wayyyyyy tooooo muchhhhhh!

Anniversary
  • Options
    The AW aspect of this earns it an eyeroll from me. Your pregnant. Wow. Amazing. 

Other pregnancy related FB posts that annoy me:

- ultrasound pictures. for the sweet love, please do not post photos of your uterus. Just... no. There's a lady I work with who is about to be a grandma and has an 8x10 ultrasound photo displayed on the outside of her cube. Um, does your daughter know her uterus is being publicly displayed?
    - creating a FB account for the unborn baby and talking in the first person. Did I just get friended by your unborn child? what the actual fuck?
    - the chalkboard photos with the number of weeks and a tummy profile (clothed or unclothed)
    - the gender reveal photos. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    @southernbelle0915 I currently have a FB friend doing the chalkboard and tummy profile photo. "Baby is the size of a melon!"  Great......

The WORST.... is the pee stick.  You're showing us you're pregnant by showing everyone something you PEED ON?  I hate you, unfriend. 

• Options

- ultrasound pictures. for the sweet love, please do not post photos of your uterus. Just... no. There's a lady I work with who is about to be a grandma and has an 8x10 ultrasound photo displayed on the outside of her cube. Um, does your daughter know her uterus is being publicly displayed?
    - creating a FB account for the unborn baby and talking in the first person. Did I just get friended by your unborn child? what the actual fuck?
    - the chalkboard photos with the number of weeks and a tummy profile (clothed or unclothed)
    Ew- my brother. He made one in his son's name and has managed it and updated it for 4 years now. Drives me bonkers.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

Ew- my brother. He made one in his son's name and has managed it and updated it for 4 years now. Drives me bonkers.
    So not cool. I kind of equate this to a parent trying to "create" their kid instead of "understand/support" their kid. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    @southernbelle0915 I currently have a FB friend doing the chalkboard and tummy profile photo. "Baby is the size of a melon!"  Great......

The WORST.... is the pee stick.  You're showing us you're pregnant by showing everyone something you PEED ON?  I hate you, unfriend. 
    I had a fb friend do this. It REALLY grossed me out!!!

• Options

ICK.  OMG.  I hate those!!!!

I didn't think about pregnancy photos until facebook came along.  Only then did I realize my mother had no photos whatsoever of being pregnant with either me or my brother.  

• Options

People do this?!?! Umm, no. Your fetus doesn't give a flying fuck about me, nor can it express itself, and that's ok. Accept reality. 

That's worse than the joint married couple FB accounts.
  • Options
    beethery said:
    My friend is a pro photographer and does a lot of maternity photoshoots. She doesn't do bare tums at all and every pregnant lady looks like a damn dream. Sometimes the photos are a little cheesy, but they're mostly super classy and nice looking.

Being who I am, I know I'm going to look like a refrigerator caught in a tornado while I'm pregnant, so I have no interest in doing any kind of maternity shoot. Lord knows if I wouldn't be caught dead showing my stomach now I sure the hell won't be into showing it when I'm carrying a kid.

SITB

I LOVE this because this will be me for sure! That's the best description ever!

Yes agree to all of the above: put on a shirt or keep it off facebook. and hellz to the no about the pee stick. Idc if you washed it, you PEED on it! Plus there's gotta be a less disgusting way to announce on FB.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I have a friend doing the same with the chalkboard signs. I'm at about my limit with all of the pregnancy talk in my life. I've got one close girlfriend who has not said one word to me n 19 weeks that WASN'T about her pregnancy and the other doing the chalkboard signs on FB and making every post about her pregnancy. You'd think that their lives completely stopped and that they are the first women ever to give birth with the way they talk, and talk, and talk about it. That's how I feel about belly pics on FB. Even ones with clothes covering their belly bother me when there's more than a few. It's AW-ish. Yes, your baby is special to you but I don't need to hear about it every single day.
  • Options
    Meh, I post pictures of my bare tummy now. Well not just straight "Look everyone my flat stomach! Wa-hoo!!" but bikini pictures, or when I started working out more I did one in shorts and sports bra to show I have actual abs now, that kind of thing. So I can't really fault a bare pregnancy belly.

However, shot after shot after shot will make me want to hurt you. One "oh hey look, there's a human in here, weird" I'm good with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards