Illinois-Chicago

Looking for Private Home to rent in the Chicago Area (including, MI, WI, and IN)

Hi Lovelies,

We're getting married in May-June 2015, and are looking for a private home to have our wedding and reception.  We both have families from out of town, and want to do something kind of unconventional... which is why I thought of renting a private home.  This would allow us to have private venue that will allow us to create the kind of reception that we want (I'm leaning towards open house style, very laid back, no dance floor or assigned seats, just come as you are).  I get an icky feeling from reception halls/hotels/resorts that seem to charge you for every little thing.

However, we're probably looking at having 120 wedding guests.  Do you know of any locations that have enough outdoor space to accommodate that many people?  We're pretty open on location, so if it's within 2-3 hours of Chicago that's totally fine.

Thanks! 

Re: Looking for Private Home to rent in the Chicago Area (including, MI, WI, and IN)

• Have you tried Airbnb.com? You can choose to search for a whole place rather than just part of a house, etc. If you head up into WI, there is Lake Geneva which is a gorgeous lake community and many people rent their homes out for events.
  • I've tried Airbnb, Homeaway, and VRBO.  The most difficult thing I've found is that most places don't have enough suitable outdoor space for such a large party.  I might try looking at bed and breakfasts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards