Chit Chat

I'm LIVID.

loveislouderloveislouder member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited July 2014 in Chit Chat
Back story: Cousin had a baby two weeks ago. I've been to visit once. Sister is going to visit today. Cousin asked if I'd come by too to go over some wedding stuff, get her mind off new baby stress.  

FI has his first day off today, and he wants to come meet baby too (but God forbid she wants him to hold new baby - he's convinced he'll break her). So I text sister and said Hey, can you ask cousin if FI can come too? He wants to meet baby!  What does sister text back with?

"I dont think cousin could say no but FI is still new. Wait til you're married lol"

1) What do you mean he's "still new"? He's been around for 4 years.
2) I'm SO offended and pissed off. 
3) Wait til we're married? What the eff does that mean? Does a little piece of paper suddenly mean he's family? NO. We've been together for years, we own a house, we have a cat. He's obviously NOT going anywhere.
4) Ending a highly offensive, rude message with lol does NOT make it any better. Why do people think lol fixes things? FFS.

Stupid sister ruining my wedding dress excitement! 

ETA: I just realized how many bitchy/ranty posts I do. Don't hate me!

Re: I'm LIVID.

• Uh what in the fuck. I'd be pissed too.
  • Huh? What? I'd call her up and ask her WTF that is supposed to mean.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• You have every right to be pissed! I would be too. That was ridiculous.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I sent her a text back saying that was HORRIBLY offensive. He's my family, regardless if we're married or not.

And then my mom called me because sister called mom because she realized she effed up in epic proportion. Mom said, just go. Take FI and see the baby. But now I'm too mad to be logical.
    sophhabobophaKnottie37373131
  • That is completely ridiculous and offensive.
  • Is she generally a ridiculous individual? If not, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt that she must have meant something else. Call her up and clarify - sometimes texts get lost in translation. 

If this is actually what she meant.....I hope you just let crickets chirp as she tries to explain her reasoning.
    *********************************************************************************

• See, you expressed yourself like an adult, which is appropriate. I would've replied, "Why are you such a bitch? lol"
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
    KaurisVulgarGirlthemuffinman16
  • What the fuck? Considering it's been two weeks, I'm PRETTY SURE the baby isn't still hanging out of her vagina. I think that's fair game now for even "non family" to visit (which is dumb anyway cuz he is family already).

• See, you expressed yourself like an adult, which is appropriate. I would've replied, "Why are you such a bitch? lol"
    This is whjat I was going to say!
  • I would be pissed.
  • PDKH said:
    Is this normal behavior for her? If one of my sisters said something like this to me, I'd have called back and been like, "WTF is that supposed to mean? I'm going to tell cousin that the baby can't come around since it is also new to the family."
    This is where I am. Sister should probably hold off on visiting until the baby is 4 or 5, just to make sure she is really "in" the family.
    chibiyui
  • PDKH said:
    Is this normal behavior for her? If one of my sisters said something like this to me, I'd have called back and been like, "WTF is that supposed to mean? I'm going to tell cousin that the baby can't come around since it is also new to the family."
    This is where I am. Sister should probably hold off on visiting until the baby is 4 or 5, just to make sure she is really "in" the family.

Quote box hell, FUCK!

Ha! Yeah, I think this reply would also be fun: "Baby's newer, FI wins."
    This baby knows exactly how I feel

SITB

Ditto this. Your Fi isn't a random hookup, who is detouring on a walk of shame to go visit a newborn (y'know, as one does). Ugh.
    KatieinBklnOliveOilsMom
  • smichek said:
    See, you expressed yourself like an adult, which is appropriate. I would've replied, "Why are you such a bitch? lol"

SITB

Ditto this. Your Fi isn't a random hookup, who is detouring on a walk of shame to go visit a newborn (y'know, as one does). Ugh.
    If I ever had to do the walk of shame again, I would definitely detoured through the labor and delivery floor of the hospital. And then to a donut shop.

And it just dawned on me...why does your sister get a say in if FI can visit cousin's baby?? It's not sister's baby so I'd say it's not sister's decision.
    Yeah, I'd tell her to fuuuuck right off.
  • WTF is it with sister's lately? My 20 y/o sister tried to tell me last weekend that I shouldn't be getting married until I "faced my issues". SERIOUSLY?! I was in therapy for almost a year and 2) who are YOU to tell me what my issues are and 3) Deal with your OWN issues before proclaiming on everyone elses...

..sorry to thread jack...sassy/bitchy sisters are kind of a sore subject right now. 
    Anniversary
    ohannabelle
  • edited July 2014
    WTH kind of comment is that?  He's not some rando you just picked up off the street.  Ugh.

I agree with sister drama/bitchy sisters lately.  Got into it with mine (and she's 33) two weeks ago when she tried to dictate my dress shopping schedule.  She complained to my Mom about it, a) why did I wait so long (yeah, no I'm in the right time frame) and b) why in the middle of the day during the summer (gee, because I'm not teaching/working during the summer?)  I held firm to my Tuesday 12:00 appointment and she begrudgingly agreed (no one said you HAD to come!).  Anyway, sorry for the rant, but I agree, sisters are sucking lately!

Edited for spelling
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Huh? What? I'd call her up and ask her WTF that is supposed to mean.
    This^^ Are we sure that is what she meant? Because WTF! Was she making some weird pun about "wait till you are married to have kids?" Um...I'm confused and would get clarification. Just a simple "Huh?" could go a long way with this one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What the hell?! That's so damn rude
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Not just rude, but weird. Just...what? What does it even mean? Call her and ask, so we can get an explanation! I've just got to hear this. image
    aspoonfulofsugartheartistformerlyknownasbeetheryKeptInStitches
  • KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    FI and I have been together for 7 years.  B and SIL have been together for 4 years...and just had their first child.  I was asked numerous times if I was 'ready' or of FI was 'okay' with holding him.

Listen, you fucking bitches, he and I have been together as a couple longer than the two of you have even known each other.  Fuck off.  He knows how to hold a child (actually much better than you) and is perfectly capable of handling him.  I was a babysitter/ nanny for three years of college, two of which FI was a HUGE part of those kids' lives.

sophhabobopha
  • CMGragain said:
    I had a young mother ask me not to tough the baby because she didn't want her to catch my cancer.  I laughed in her face.  Is stupid contagious?
    Oh my hell. That is just awful and ridiculous. Is stupid contagious? I don't know, but it would explain a lot.
    themuffinman16Knottie37373131
  • CMGragain said:
    I had a young mother ask me not to tough the baby because she didn't want her to catch my cancer.  I laughed in her face.  Is stupid contagious?
    Lord almighty. I wonder where she caught her pregnancy from. Shit's goin' around these days.

kns1988lovemyrunnerthemuffinman16
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    CMGragain said:
    Bad news for that baby... it's hereditary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards