June 2015 Weddings
Options

How is your wedding planning going?

Hello everyone!
How is everyone's wedding planning coming along? Stressed out? Relaxed? 

... So far it has been pretty good here and I can't complain. However, my friends that are getting married are having a "horrible time" planning as they say  and are not enjoying it and I'm trying to relate but I really enjoy this! I mean, I was with my fiance for 7 years before he proposed so I was very excited to start planning! (We agreed until I finished college and got a full time teaching position.). We have been together 8 years now and have a little over 11 months until our day! 
Best Wishes! 
Justine

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How is your wedding planning going?

• Options
    I wake up stressing about some random thing that doesn't matter yet, shouldn't even be on the radar yet...weird wedding dreams. Otherwise things are good! I'm pretty much done with putting deposits down and have all our vendors secured. :)
  • Options
    MrsB627MrsB627 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2014
    I'm in the same boat vendor and deposit wise! I'm having some flower woes because I have no clue what I want but otherwise all is good :)

Best Wishes! 
    Justine

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
     We have all of our major vendors, and I just said yes to the dress which relieved a lot of stress. Now, I'm starting on our DIY projects because there are a ton of them! I've made a big calendar and figure if I get one done a month I won't feel so stressed. We'll see how that goes as it gets closer :)

JoeandJustine- my fiance and I have been together 8 years as well! I do think that the amount of time we've been together has helped me lessen my stress. We've been discussing marriage for a few years now, so when planning actually began I already had a good idea of where I was going.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    emmygar said:
     We have all of our major vendors, and I just said yes to the dress which relieved a lot of stress. Now, I'm starting on our DIY projects because there are a ton of them! I've made a big calendar and figure if I get one done a month I won't feel so stressed. We'll see how that goes as it gets closer :)

JoeandJustine- my fiance and I have been together 8 years as well! I do think that the amount of time we've been together has helped me lessen my stress. We've been discussing marriage for a few years now, so when planning actually began I already had a good idea of where I was going.
    Agreed! We pretty much knew everything we wanted. Did have a setback though as the hotel promised a shuttle and lied about how far they were from the reception. So now we need to find a new hotel and add a shuttle to our ever growing budget. 
    Congrats on saying yes to the dress! I got mine two weeks ago and can not wait for it to come in in January even though I can't wear it until June!
    Best Wishes! 
    Justine

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm seem to be worried about the little things... my vendors are really no worry to me luckily (they're amazing, so i'm completely confident in their services.) I'm worried things aren't going to come together the way I want them to and it's going to look like a hot mess.
  • Options

I'm seem to be worried about the little things... my vendors are really no worry to me luckily (they're amazing, so i'm completely confident in their services.) I'm worried things aren't going to come together the way I want them to and it's going to look like a hot mess.

Same here! And now I'm running in to a hotel issue because the ones I like are booked and other ones don't have shuttle. That adds more to the budget if I don't have a hotel shuttle. I'm going to see two hotels tomorrow so I hope something works out!

Best Wishes! 
    Justine

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am excited and nervous during our planning! I keep feeling as though we are falling behind schedule, and as was mentioned above I am having weird wedding dreams too! At the same time as I am worried to fall behind, we are slowly making progress and I realize we have the major vendors chosen for the most part. We have our ceremony site, reception site, photographer, and videographer booked, and I found my gown! Our struggle is choosing our bridal party as I have a large family and my fiance has a lot of close friends that he wants to include, choosing colors, and our final guest list. I told myself I would not stress during this process, I think as long as I stay on task and remind myself to get these things that are still tossed up in the air settled it will prevent most stress from peaking its head. Hey, hopefully anyways!
  • Options
    astrojaxastrojax member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    I am so over the wedding planning thing. I'm really happy with the major decisions I've made so far - venues, date, officiant, catering, dress, fiancé - but my god, the amount of crap I'm getting about what are ultimately minor things. So many "you should do this". So much projection about how excited I am - what, am I going to start talking about the weather when you ask me direct questions about the wedding and I go along with it because I don't want you to ask me direct questions about my Babcia's funeral three days before? I quite seriously told my fiancé that the only reason I wasn't pushing harder for an elopement was that I wanted my Babcia to be there, and at this point we've already put down most of the deposits and dress and everyone's all excited about it so I guess we're doing this now. 

I've started keeping a list of "things I'm doing that will disappoint my Grandma". Because at this point, I just need to remind myself that I should make good decisions for myself without worrying about what other people will think. The only thing my Grandma won't be disappointed with is my fiancé, and maybe also my dress, because "you're not too fat to wear that kind of dress". Yes, the dress is all chiffon and relatively slim-fitting, and yes, I'm proud of my improvements in fitness over the past year, but wtf, that is not a compliment! It is at worst saying that my lovely cousin who got married Saturday is fat which is not ok, Grandma. :(
  • Options
    We have had a huge set back since my fiances friend owns a DJ company and I just found out all the stuff he "promised" he hasn't booked yet or every have... This includes the photo booth and more lights than he said he has... First major frustration ughhh
    Best Wishes! 
    Justine

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I love hearing about other brides' planning success. Seeing you guys enjoy it so much (for most part) is making me feel less stressed out.

We only have the venue for our ceremony and reception booked at the moment. It took us months to find it, but I couldn't be happier. It meets all the important things and also the budget.

I've tried on dresses that I loved, but haven't found "The One" yet. I'm hoping that by the end of the week I will have the dress as well as the engagement photos checked off.

As for vendors...we're behind. Very behind. We haven't even finalized our colors. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm hoping to have everyone booked by the end of October. The next few weeks are going to be wedding-full. :)
  • Options
    ugh so stressssssssssssssed
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love hearing about other brides' planning success. Seeing you guys enjoy it so much (for most part) is making me feel less stressed out.

We only have the venue for our ceremony and reception booked at the moment. It took us months to find it, but I couldn't be happier. It meets all the important things and also the budget.

I've tried on dresses that I loved, but haven't found "The One" yet. I'm hoping that by the end of the week I will have the dress as well as the engagement photos checked off.

As for vendors...we're behind. Very behind. We haven't even finalized our colors. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm hoping to have everyone booked by the end of October. The next few weeks are going to be wedding-full. :)
    Def enjoy it! It really is great! As for the dress, I went to two stores. I was so disappointed in the first store and the second one had the dress I saw online that I loved. I didn't think it would be in my budget or even look good but when it did, I cried. I'm not one to cry but this really made me! You will know! It's true! Good luck! 

We are cake testing on Oct. 8th as the venue is making cupcakes because I wasn't thrilled with their cake choices.
    Best Wishes! 
    Justine

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    anw1588 said:
    Whats wrong? Vent to us :)
    Best Wishes! 
    Justine

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    anw1588 said:
    Whats wrong? Vent to us :)

Trust me, I was right there with you a few weeks ago. But I agree that you should vent. It definitely helps.
  • Options

Def enjoy it! It really is great! As for the dress, I went to two stores. I was so disappointed in the first store and the second one had the dress I saw online that I loved. I didn't think it would be in my budget or even look good but when it did, I cried. I'm not one to cry but this really made me! You will know! It's true! Good luck! 

We are cake testing on Oct. 8th as the venue is making cupcakes because I wasn't thrilled with their cake choices.
    How were the cupcakes?

And...found my dress! Didn't cry like you, but love it! :)
  • Options
    Right now, I'm relaxed. The date was set (June 27, 2015), the reception venue was booked, and I bought my dress in the same day. My dress came in WAY under budget (and yes I cried). Since then we've booked the photographer, the DJ, and the florists for the centerpieces and bouquets (including the boutonnières and corsages and flowers for the flower girl). The Save the Dates were sent out a few weeks ago and they've been received. I just emailed the company for videography, so I'm waiting for a response. After I book the videographer, I'm good until next year. Once we finalize the ceremony time with the church, I'll order my invitations and send those out. I'm flying to Miami on Thursday to spend some time with my friends/bridesmaids who live there and they'll be able to try and on and select their dresses. 

• Options
    @misskinababy - I'm also a June 27th bride. :) 

So far with planning I think it's going well. I am a bit stressed about the money factor but it will be ok I think. We will end up about 2k over budget ($12000 total) so that's good. I am sad we are not going on a honeymoon though so I am working on getting over that! Most of our vendors are booked, I got my dress recently (yay!). I have some bridesmaid drama but nothing too terrible I suppose. Next month I am going to start making my invitations since I am doing them myself. Not too stressed about the wedding stuff, and I find planning quite fun too. The only stuff I'm stressing over is money, my job, and keeping our damn house clean... LOL
  • Options
    ....ugh guys I decided I wanted to do a sweetheart table with a settee (small couch) instead of chairs. Super cute right? It's my first re-upholstery project ever. Good thing I have a few months ;)
  • Options
    I've kinda run outta steam. We have everything booked with the exception of a room block and a shuttle (FI wants one, I don't want to), and I am all of a sudden completely lacking any motivation. :(
  • Options
    So for a while I thought we were good until I looked at our budget and that is my most stressful thing right now!
    Best Wishes! 
    Justine

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    all my girls are super busy and never seem to have time to help. 
    i mean they have lives to and i must remember its not til june
    i got all the main stuff like dj, venue, dress, picked their dresses out, bouquet, food, photographer
    but its the small stuff that is stressing me out like favors and centerpieces
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards