Not Engaged Yet

Share your dress (or dream dress!)

124»

Re: Share your dress (or dream dress!)

• edited July 2014
    @hummingbird125 I tried on that same dress and posted a pic a couple of months ago! I ended up going with something very different. It looks amazing on you!

Here's a pic of my dress. Not posting a pic of ME in the dress because I'm crazy pants and think someone I know will somehow come across it and see it lol

ETA: I can't get the pic to show in the post so here's the link:

• @Peaseblossom55 I didn't realize we were the same height! Your dress was beautiful, and you wore it well. I had no idea you were so petite! Wow. I guess I really don't have to stick to no frills. You're the second petite person who's said they had some poof in their dress. Very cool!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @hummingbird125 I tried on that same dress and posted a pic a couple of months ago! I ended up going with something very different. It looks amazing on you!

Here's a pic of my dress. Not posting a pic of ME in the dress because I'm crazy pants and think someone I know will somehow come across it and see it lol

ETA: I can't get the pic to show in the post so here's the link:

Wow - I LOVE so many of those gowns! What's the general price range there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 Thanks! In was very concerned about the wedding dress wearing me.  It was just about finding the right size crinoline underneath, one was awful and made me look like a marshmallow! My shoes had 4 inch heels too.

Anniversary

• @hummingbird125 I think between about $1400 and $2500. I've heard it usually takes AT LEAST 6 months for her dresses to come in too- just an fyi

My dress ended up being WAY over my original budget but I'm in love with it and hadn't found anything else that compared. I keep getting slight "dress regret" because it's just so much money to me and I always second guess myself. But I love it! 

• I am not engaged yet either, but since BF has ordered a ring, I have been looking online at dresses and saving them to a secret Pinterest board. I refuse to go try any on or buy one before I am actually engaged though. With that said, here are some of my favorites, but who knows, my tastes may change. I like princess-y gowns, and definitely want a large dress. 

David Tutera for Mon Cheri: 

Eve of Milady (though the gold beading may be too much for me, but I think you can get it with white/silver beading too):

Mori Lee: 

Stella York: 
    I am in love with that Mori Lee dress!  FI is SUPER picky when it comes to fashion, but surprisingly he likes that dress, aside from the straps.  He HATES lace and I LOVE lace, so I'm going to try to have to find a happy medium.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CLoGreenEyes - I loooooove the short dress #2!
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @clogreeneyes I LOVE #1!! I normally don't gravitate towards sleeves but that dress makes me want them!!
  • I actually really hate the dress I ended up getting married in.  It was just not "me," but I was under extreme financial duress and just went with it.

This was my dream dress.

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    That was so fun to look through! You all look lovely. I'm late but here are two of  my dream dresses, both from Reem Acra (and WAY out of budget). And then I've also attached a picture of my ACTUAL dress... with a blurry me in it! image image

ETA: OMG. Looking at those dresses with those models next to me in my dress was a BAD idea. Ahh. insecurity. 
    edited July 2014
    ps- I got engaged April 2014. I went shopping for dresses throughout the month of June (I think I went once in May though.) And then I bought the dress after getting overwhelmed by too much shopping at the end of June 2014. The wedding will be late May 2015. 
  • @lilacck28, hey you're short like me! :) I'm 4'11.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love seeing the pictures of everyone in their dresses! I always think that wedding dresses look better on real women than they do on the models.

edited July 2014
    @blackbird230 Yep! 5 feet. Usually I like being short.... but it definitely doesn't help the body image insecurity! There is no place for extra pudge on a small person! Sometimes I wish someone would just stretch me out a bit. 
  • @lilacck28 - I feel your pain on being short! I'm exactly 5 feet tall and while I'm normally perfectly happy with my height it really does make even a little extra weight gain obvious! 

• @lilacck28 and @bethsmiles, there's more of us short ladies on here than I ever thought. It's so hard. I'm muscular and stocky and all butt. It's hard being short. :(

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • BreMR said:
    I LOOOOVE all of the dresses. I haven't gone dress shopping yet, because I am not at all happy with my bod and I don't want to go dress shopping and feel depressed... but right now my dream dress is something like this: 
    absolutely gorgeous!
    I stupidly got a white prom dress that was slightly flowy but not at all poofy, and now I want to get something completely different than my high school prom dress.  I figured the lighter weight organza would allow for the poof in Mexico :)
    Okay, I have to bump this post because... I FOUND THIS DRESS!! It's at a local wedding shop near me, and it's only $300 above my budget (worth it).  I hadn't planned on shopping for a dress so soon because I have a year and four months until my wedding.. but I really don't want to miss out on this opportunity.  I'm going to call them tomorrow to find out if they have plans to keep it around for awhile because I sort of would like to go dress shopping when I'm a few pounds lighter. I'm already down 6 pounds.. but still not feeling very great. YAYY. 
  • @BreMR - Will you share pictures when you go?! That's so exciting that you found somewhere near you that has your dream dress. Also, I'm sure you would look fabulous in it at any weight!

• I will DEFINITELY share pictures!  The dress shop called me back today and said they don't keep it in stock :( wahhhh!! However, there are about 8 other stores listed on the designer's website that are near me so hopefully SOMEONE has it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards