Nevada-Las Vegas

Bridal Shower

So since we are now going to Vegas, there are people that I want included in wedding events but we are trying to keep costs down (which is why we we went to Vegas!). Is it ok to include them in the bridal shower? I know that etiquette states only to invite those that are invited to the wedding...but does this change with a destination wedding? I just feel like there are so many people that want to be included in our wedding fun and I don't want to leave anyone out. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower

• The reason why it is considered poor etiquette to invite people to the shower but not the wedding is because it can appear gift grabby. Like, "you are not important enough to me to be invited to the big day, but you should still buy me a gift." Of course, this is not your intention at all, and I'm sure your family and friends understand that. What I would do instead is have either a pre-wedding party, or a reception after you get back to celebrate with those who didn't come. Skip the shower all together, unless someone really wants to host one for you. That way your loved ones are still involved and get to celebrate with you, but you don't run the risk of anyone getting butt hurt.  

I personally feel like asking my friends and family to spend upwards of $400-$500 each just to attend is a huge burden, I wouldn't dream of having a shower. We didn't even register anywhere. 
  • One thing you could do is have an at-home reception after you are married. That way everyone can be invited, including the people that couldn't come to Vegas. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just gives the people that couldn't come to Vegas an opportunity to celebrate with you. You could even show a video of your ceremony for them if you wanted!

Even if you are having a destination wedding, I think that it is considered rude to invite people to your bridal shower but not to the wedding.

• PPs gave you great advice. Usually with a DW people understand it's typically a smaller event and probably aren't surprised they aren't invited, but may side-eye a shower invitation. If an at-home reception isn't an option that's okay too, you just have to accept that as much as you would like to, you can't include everyone
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great advice! Thanks for the thoughtfulness!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards