Illinois-Chicago

Engagement pictures in the NW suburbs

Hi!! I'm getting my engagement pictures done next month and am having difficulty thinking of some locations for us. We're having a fairytale/classy Disney themed wedding so I'm trying to think of places to go that might give us that fairytale feel. We're located in the far NW suburbs out in Cary but us and our photographer are willing to travel. Thanks!!!

Re: Engagement pictures in the NW suburbs

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I don't know if it is up year round, but Woodfield Mall used to have a beautiful globe-like gazebo in their atrium area. There are some very pretty wooded areas in downtown Long Grove, along with some cottage-esque looking buildings. Deer Park Mall in Deer Park also has a pretty gazebo. At night, since it is an outdoor mall, many of the trees have white twinkle lights on them year round. Check your local newspaper for weekend carnivals. Photos taken at night near some of the lighted rides might provide a Disney-ish backdrop. I wonder if the Disney stores would care if you snapped a few quick pictures against some of their displays?
  • Independence Grove has some nice pretty areas
  • What about the domes in Rockford? I'm sure there is a permit, but it probably isn't that much!
  • frap33frap33 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Maybe you could try at the Bettendorf Castle in Fox River Grove?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards