Wisconsin

Need dress ideas

Hello everyone!! I need help! My husband and I are doing a vow renewal in the fall and I would very much like to wear a wedding dress (though not the big poufy princess kind) but I'm so very worried that I will get a ton of backlash from family and friends who always have something to say about everything.

I've read everything on the internet and everything seems to say the opposite of each other. One site says no dress the next says do it as big as you want...

I also need some good dress shops in the Milwaukee area. I'm willing to go anywhere but would like to stay as local as possible for the obvious reasons!

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

Stephanie

Re: Need dress ideas

• edited December 2011
    I would recommend looking at jcrew.com.  They have beautiful dresses, but have colors that can be used for a wedding dress or a regular dress so that they don't look overly "wedding-like".  They are simple and elegant!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    David's Bridal has some short dresses that are really cute: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Silhouette-Short

I don't think anyone could say anything too bad about a knee-length cocktail dress that happens to be white. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My father re-proposed to my mom after some difficulty in their marriage. Their first wedding was in a court room and she had a black and white dress from JCPenny. When they renew their vows she is going to have an amazing white wedding dress!
    So, I think if you want to have a wedding dress then have one. Who cares what your family will think. This is about you and your husband. Do it how you want to do it!! I personally love the idea.

On that note: I would say go to David's Bridal on the west side of Madison. I've been to other ones and they are the best at taking care of you!

Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards