Michigan-Detroit
Options

Metro Detroit Venue Help Desperate!!!

Good Morning Ladies,

I am in serious need of some help with wedding venue searching. I am up an emotional creek. I have fallen in love with Laurel Manor in Livonia for my reception venue. They have great pricing and it looks beautiful but their ceremony space is not at all what I'm looking for. I really wanted to do both ceremony and reception at one location. I would truly love an outdoor ceremony. But its seeming like my dream won't happen. I need some help. I'm open to two locations but if I use two I really want them to be reasonably close to each other. My home church is 27 minutes from LM (per Google) and the Uof M Botanical Gardens (one of my favorite places ever and the place where FI proposed) is 22 minutes away.  Is that to far? Would it inconvenience my guests?

I'm open to looking at other venues especially if I can get comparable pricing and amenities. Our budget for the reception is approx. 50/person. I'm willing to go as far as Ann Arbor or Macomb. I want a bit more "formal" feel to the wedding so I'm not necessarily looking at barns or farms.

The venues I've looked at so far are Crystal Gardens, The Grecian Center, Silver Gardens, Rivercrest, Petruzellos (I loved them but didn't have any real options for ceremony space) and The Gazebo.

I would appreciate any help you can provide! Thanks guys.

Re: Metro Detroit Venue Help Desperate!!!

• Options
    I actually fell in love with Laurel Gardens as well! So it looks like you're looking in the same area (although mine was a bit more centralized around the Livonia/Southfield area) Here's a list of venues I considered on my search. Some are outdoor ceremony spaces, some might be venues you like better that might be closer - I didn't do any extra work like I usually would, sorry!

Regency Manor and Banquet Center
    PI Banquet Hall
    Brentwood
    Beacon Hill
    Vladamirs
    Meeting House Grand Balroom
    Lyon Oaks
    Glen Oaks

I also considered doing a ceremony at Kensington Park. They work with a super cheap caterer if you wanted the reception there as well. Kosch catering.
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Italian American Banquet Center. It is definitely affordable, I know TK says it  more than St. Johns, but it's not. I had my reception there and I worked there for 5 years as well. It is beautiful, food is delcious and the staff is awesome.
  • Options

Thank you guys. I'm going to look into those places. I just put in requests for information. :)

• Options
    If you have not already found  somewhere...Tina's Country House in macomb is nice...it might be a little far though

• Options
    I have been to 2 weddings at Tina's County House and I was less than impressed. It is very much a standard hall. 

If you fell in love with Laurel Manor check out the Polo Fields in Ann Arbor. O.M.G. just BEAUTIFUL! and pricing is not bad at all. It is a flat rate for every guest but that includes EVERYTHING. I think we were looking at 75.00 a person (food, set up and tear down, ceremony, beer, apps, decor....you name it it was included!!!) The pros of this place is they have an outdoor ceremony site that is so pretty!!!

Hope this helps :):):)
  • Options
    We're having our ceremony at Matthaei, and the reception space they have there is nice but small - 90 would be about as many as I'd try. Great catering options in your budget though - I mean, you can get Zingerman's out there for $50/head. If you're affiliated with U of M, the university unions are quite affordable and beautiful. If you're not affiliated they can't serve alcohol, something about the terms of their liquor license.
  • Options
    The meeting house grand ballroom in downtown plymouth. 
  • Options
    Yay I found my venues. I booked Laurel Manor for the reception and the Longacre House for the ceremony. Yay! I love them both. Can't wait until W-Day!! 7/17/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards