Wisconsin
Options

Military Discounts for Wedding?

I am curious to know if any of you know any companies/businesses that do Military Discounts? I am interested in any and everything in a way that we can help shave some money costs, becuase I'm beginning to realize that all of the aspects of a wedding are adding up quickly.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that you know of.

Thanks.

Re: Military Discounts for Wedding?

• Options
    Alyssa0421Alyssa0421 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen this advertised, but it doesn't hurt to inquire at the venues/vendors you are interested in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The War Memorial downtown offers a military discount.  Other than that, you will have to just ask whatever vendor you come in contact with.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mrsnkernermrsnkerner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just ask every single vendor if they give military discounts.  Even with the discount the war memorial was too expensive for us, but I know Eva's bridal in Oak Creek has military discounts on dresses as long as you can provide a copy of your Fiancé's military ID (since I assume he won't be dress shopping with you.)  

Also, I am not sure of your situation but I made sure that if FI is deployed we can get all our deposits back.  Most places are willing to write that into the contract or at least be willing to move up/push back the date for deployment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_military-discounts-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:d8d60250-226e-4cef-9299-2a11aee9d807Post:c441fa43-48dd-4691-95ad-4b6c54ac569c">Re: Military Discounts for Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I just ask every single vendor if they give military discounts.</strong>  Even with the discount the war memorial was too expensive for us, but I know Eva's bridal in Oak Creek has military discounts on dresses as long as you can provide a copy of your Fiancé's military ID (since I assume he won't be dress shopping with you.)   Also, I am not sure of your situation but I<strong> made sure that if FI is deployed we can get all our deposits back</strong>.  Most places are willing to write that into the contract or at least be willing to move up/push back the date for deployment.
    Posted by mrsnkerner[/QUOTE

THIS!  Our hall will switch our date if he gets deployed (currently on IRR, so not gonna happen, but you never know with the military!)  Most vendors will not advertise a military discount, but our photographer worked in a better deal, and some places will give monetary discounts.  It doesn't hurt to ask....just don't ask "do you have any discounts?".  Make sure to mention that it's military if you ask for discounts.  There are good people out there!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know for a fact a friend of mine received a 15% discount on her wedding pictures package from Katie Toman Photography. Her prices were already very reasonable so she was pumped!

The site is www.katietomanphotography.com

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have experience with a Milwaukee-area caterer that is willing to give a discount for military couples? Any other military-friendly vendors that you found? I'm also planning a military wedding, and there's a good possibility he will deploy again soon, so we can use all the help we can get!  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards