Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

STD and invitations for small weddings?

This may just be a personal preference, but for someone having a small, intimate wedding of no more than 10 people, do STD's and invitations usually get sent out? Or is it just word of mouth since there are so few people? Wasn't sure if this breaks etiquette rules.

Re: STD and invitations for small weddings?

• Options
    I would only send STDs if all of your guests are OOT.  If they are all local then I am sure that at some point you will let them know your date.

As for invites, a wedding is not just a last minute gathering that you throw together and tell people to bring a bag of chips and a six pack.  This is your wedding and it should be treated as a special event because it is.  Sending invites out makes it feel like a special/important event regardless of your budget or food you are serving.

• Options
    Carrier pigeon.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I like @AddieCake  punchiness today.

For such a small list I would not bother with STDs.  Just call everyone up and give them the details.    

I would still send out a formal(-ish) invitations though.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    You need to send out formal, written invitations, but they can be handwritten.  Vistaprint does invitations in quantities of ten.  Sometimes they are even free in that quantity, and you just pay for shipping.
    STDs are never required.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I would skip the STDs and use word of mouth or an email. 

You should send out formal invitations. You could do something as simple as buying a box from a craft store and printing them, or going to a local paper shop and having them made.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Just wanted to say I am also loving Addie's punchiness. And I would like some Milk Duds.

FTR, I ditto the PPs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards