Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Retake photos?

Hi all. I have been researching this, and reading others responses to posts similar to what I'm about to post. My wedding was a little less than 2 years ago, and to me it what a little bit of a disaster. We ended up losing our venue, so we had the reception under a tent in the street behind our church, which was completely embarrassing. My wedding photographer spent his whole time sitting down at one of the tables, flirting with my sister. So I don't even have decent photos. Plus that day was a complete chaos. I was late for the ceremony and we didn't get to take pictures just me and my husband. Now, two years later, I can't look back at our wedding without feeling disappointed and sad. I wish I had at least a couple nice photos to blow up and hang in my apartment. But we don't. My question is, would it be alright to dress up in a wedding dress again and take pictures with my hubby? Maybe I'm being selfish. But I'm just sad that I had to settle for most of the stuff in my wedding. But at least I had a wedding..right? Idk, what do you all think?

Re: Retake photos?

• I'm sorry your wedding wasn't what you wanted. But I think it'd be super weird to dress up in your wedding clothes again. Instead, why not have a fun anniversary celebration? Like PDKH suggested. Get a new cocktail dress, get your hair and makeup done, hire a professional photographer, and then go out to dinner! That sounds really fun! Plus, it seems like many photographers offer portrait or family sessions for less than engagement sessions. Instead of trying to recreate memories, make some fabulous new ones!
  • Yea i guess dressing up in my wedding dress would be silly... I guess I'm just so disappointed that I will never have beautiful photo memories from my special day :( but I like the idea of dressing up nice and just having a family photo session. That way I can include my daughter in it :) I appreciate the responses
  • I just got married last month, and my day was perfect,  but the photographer messed up bad... $800 and Iphone 4 pictures look better than what she took.  :(
    I say take some you pictures now. Include your dog if you have one, or just you two.  I agree playing dress up wont fix the picture issue. The sad part is that we only get one wedding day. If I could go back I would pay ten times as much as I did if the pictures would have turned out better. Having a current picture of you two to hang on the wall will be great, you don't need to mess with the dress..
  • I just got married last month, and my day was perfect,  but the photographer messed up bad... $800 and Iphone 4 pictures look better than what she took.  :(
    I say take some you pictures now. Include your dog if you have one, or just you two.  I agree playing dress up wont fix the picture issue. The sad part is that we only get one wedding day. If I could go back I would pay ten times as much as I did if the pictures would have turned out better. Having a current picture of you two to hang on the wall will be great, you don't need to mess with the dress..

i know how you feel i had some issues with mine we got 700+ photos from him but mostly unedited ones that would have taken him two hours to fix up.. i had to have my dad whos a retired photographer edit them it took him two hours to sift through 700+ photos pick out 210 of the best and edit them and make them look amazing. 

what about doing a vow renewal ceremony for your 5th anniversary you could get a informal wedding dress and renew your vows at the beach you could hire a professional and have photos taken 
  • I am not one for having my photograph taken but I too would be upset if I didn't have one nice photo just to look back on. So sorry for you :( 
  • You could renew your vows that day as well to give it a more special feel. 

I disagree with some of the comments. Yes, I realize it is not really your wedding day. But those garments have such wonderful memories attached to them. I think I would get excited every time I think of putting my dress on. (Granted I'm not married yet, so I may be wrong) But if you wanna just throw your dress on and take some awesome photos, I don't see why you need someone's approval for that. Dress up is fun!
  • You could renew your vows that day as well to give it a more special feel. 

I disagree with some of the comments. Yes, I realize it is not really your wedding day. But those garments have such wonderful memories attached to them. I think I would get excited every time I think of putting my dress on. (Granted I'm not married yet, so I may be wrong) But if you wanna just throw your dress on and take some awesome photos, I don't see why you need someone's approval for that. Dress up is fun!
    It would bother me to look at photos and know that they weren't true wedding photos, they were just dress up on another given day.  It would remind me of the reason we had to retake photos.

I'd do like PP mentioned......get all dolled and dressed up (not in wedding attire), hire a photographer, and go around town taking some kick ass photos.   Perhaps both of you under a beautiful tree in the fall with the sun setting.....that could be a wonderful canvas print!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards