• Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Wedding Hair and Beauty

Hair Trial Rage

drina0218drina0218 member
Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
edited July 2014 in Wedding Hair and Beauty
So I had a hair trial recently (I won't say her company because I'm not a total ass, even though it's very tempting) and it didn't go very well. I would post pictures, but I don't want to embarrass myself. FI's exact words were "you look 'draggy' and you do your hair better yourself."

I drove to her house and I met my bridesmaid (she recommended her to me) and MOH there. She had forgotten her makeup at her salon so my bridesmaid drove 15 minutes to her salon to get her makeup. Now my MOH is not an easy person to get along with because she's tough and opinionated, which is honestly someone I feel grateful to have in my corner when shit hits the fan (ie see "wedding curse"). MOH and the hair lady weren't meshing well and it got worse as the trial went on. The woman did a terrible job, I wasn't thrilled and MOH could tell. I showed her pictures and she just sort of did her own thing. Then came to makeup. I showed her a picture of a model with natural looking makeup (heavier bright blush and light on the eyes). She did thick brown liner and just dark makeup that doesn't mesh well with my dark blonde hair and paleness.

Then she did something that made me want to throw up and totally freaked me out. She grabbed her mascara and proceeded to use to brush from the tube. A tube that looked worn and was definitely used before. Honestly I just wanted to run at that point. And wash my face as quickly as possible. The woman told me that it would look a lot better the day of.. that's a line that I think should throw red flags up for anyone at a trial. And then she asked for her payment and that was that.

That week I emailed her to let her know I had found someone else and tried to be as nice and diplomatic as possible. She then proceeded to call my bridesmaid and tell her than she had "thrown" the trial because she didn't like my MOH and didn't really want to the job. Now, this has me fuming. I paid her for a service, one that she did an awful job at, and apparently did it awful on purpose? She wasted my time and took my money. If you were in my shoes, would you ask for a refund or just let it go?

Re: Hair Trial Rage

• While I think she is telling the BM that she threw it on purpose to save face, that is just rude and not appropriate.  If she really didn't want the job she should have been upfront with you the moment she realized it and told you she would rather not go ahead with the trial.  I don't think it would be out of line to ask for a refund, seeing as how she didn't do her job.  Of course, she will likely deny that she said that, in which case, you just "didn't like her work" and still owe her for her time so I am not sure it is worth the effort.

But I definitely would tell her that using the same wand on multiple people is really dangerous.  She can buy disposable wands and that is what she should be using or she should tell all clients in advance that they need to bring their own mascara.  You can get staph infections from mascara.
  • I think you should ask for a refund and if she refuses, I think you go on yelp, wedding wire, and wherever else and give her a bad review. There should be consequences to that kind of unprofessional and dangerous behavior.
    JasperandOpalnovella1186
  • JasperandOpalJasperandOpal member
    250 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary First Answer
    edited July 2014
    I think you should ask for a refund and if she refuses, I think you go on yelp, wedding wire, and wherever else and give her a bad review. There should be consequences to that kind of unprofessional and dangerous behavior.
    I agree, the MUA should be reviewed and people should be warned, but be careful because people are now being sued for defamation by businesses when they give bad reviews. So when you give a review, stay away from inflammatory language and just stick to the facts of your situation.
  • climbingwifeclimbingwife NYC 'burbs member
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    I think you should ask for a refund and if she refuses, I think you go on yelp, wedding wire, and wherever else and give her a bad review. There should be consequences to that kind of unprofessional and dangerous behavior.
    I agree with this. How unprofessional. 

• Ask for a refund. If the products look disgusting then you could get sick or a rash or something.

• After she did the hair & it wasn't something I liked, and I knew that it wasn't going well, I probably would've stopped it right then & there, and peaced out. Bash her all day, she's going to be a bitch, be one right back!
  • Yeah, the whole thing is just ridiculous. I just want to move on, but after the wedding is said and done and I still feel rage, I think I will be posting some reviews. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards