Wedding Reception Forum

Reception decor

psayerspsayers member
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2014 in Wedding Reception Forum
Hello all, I am having a beach wedding and of course the theme of the reception will incorporate the beach. The venue provides hurricane globes with a candle and mirror plate to sit it on top of. I also have the option of using the center pieces and making them more "beachy" to go with my theme. That is where the problem comes in I am stuck trying to figure out how to decorate hurricane globes being that the bottom of the glass is opened. I was thinking about adding sand and shells. Any ideas from others would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Reception decor

• If it were me, I would buy bags of sea glass (Pier 1 has them) and decorate them with sea glass, candles, maybe a couple shells if you wanted too. Sea glass is beautiful.

This minus the sand since that may be messy

Wrap twine and shells around them

Sea glass
    Anniversary

• I love all of @severmilli12's ideas. 

I would ditch the mirror, though. Mirrors as part of centerpieces reminds me so much of 90's weddings. No thanks! Instead you could do a runner or square overlay in your colors or nothing at all. All would look better than a mirror, IMHO.
    *********************************************************************************

• Thanks @severmilli12‌ the sea glass is pretty and one of my colors for the wedding is teal. Thank u also @southernbelle0915‌ one of the decor items I was thinking about was either overlays or runners.
  • Another alternative is to draw inspiration from the colours of the sea, and do a sand/blue/turquoise theme with wavy shapes. You are already at the beach so there is no need to remind people of that by doing the same old shells and starfish decoration.
    It may be something different and a little more modern.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards