Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Planning another trip

I suggest doing vegas without kids! so with that in mind we are going to take a trip after December just the two of us

I loved the location of the Flamingo, I know that Bellagio is out of our price range, has anyone stayed at Paris, Cosmopolitan, Caesars or The Mirage?
Which one is the best? No cat pee smell, weed smell in the hallways, garbage on hallway floor, loud music that keeps you up all night please;)

Re: Planning another trip

• Options
    no clue but who brings a cat to vegas to get the pee smell lol sorry initial thought when read it.
  • Options
    mspennmspenn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Cosmo and Caesars are going to be in the same ball park price wise as Bellagio.
  • Options
    Caesers is nice but pricey. Paris can get pricey too. I have personally stayed at Flamingo about 6 times and have never had an issue. I wouldn't let one bad experience (although it sounded horrible!) steer you clear. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    azwildcatazwildcat member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2014

You might check Vdara. I haven't been there- but it looks nice, and we were able to get a good AAA  rate there in January 2015.

• Options
    we will never stay at flamingo again period. I would say with 13 rooms that looked disgusting and the reviews on the flamingo facebook proved my point. 

thanks everyone.

• Options
    I really liked the Mirage when I stayed there a couple years ago. We didn't have any issues, and BLT burger was really tasty :)
  • Options
    I've heard good things about Mirage.  I have stayed at the Cosmopolitan, and I LOVED the rooms... probably one of the nicest I've had in Vegas, or anywhere.  We got a really good price on southwest vacations for the Cosmopolitan (I think it was through there), which is why we could afford it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I stayed at Paris once. I'm not sure about pricing though since I had won a contest that included my room in Vegas. But it was really nice, I loved everything about staying there! This is a club at Paris that is right below the start of the eifel tower but pretty much everywhere you stay will have that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    Mirage will give you the best bang for your buck.  Cosmo and Caesars are going to be a bit more expensive (similar to Bellagio).  Mirage will be a bit cheaper and I think is just as nice.  Most of our guests stayed there and said how comfy the beds were!  A few even bought pillows from the store!

I wasn't super impressed with Paris last time I stayed a couple years ago,the room seemed old.  I also had a bad experience with Cosmo - dust all over the place, hair in the bathroom and white stains on the purple couch.  

I'm also going to suggest TI, it's usually cheaper than Mirage and just as nice.  And there is tram from TI to Mirage so you are pretty much center strip.

The Caesars properties have pet friendly rooms, that could be part of the problem with Flamingo.  So keep that in mind with other properties.  

A kids free trip for the newlyweds sounds perfect!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    I've stayed at MGM several times and really enjoy the property. Usually they have some deals that include a resort credit, free buffet, etc. Look in to Aria, another really nice hotel and great location.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard great things about The Mirage, I am aware that hotels have Clubs, but if another property can hear it in the guest rooms all night long then that is a problem, we are not club people at all. 

My cousin stayed at the MGM and loved it, the only thing is it's a bit down the strip than the location that we like, I'm going to look at Aria, Cosmo and the Mirage. Thank you ladies! Enjoy your wedding planning!!
  • Options
    I've found that staying on the other side of the hotel from the pool or club area helps.  I had a room recently at Planet Hollywood and it was awesome but the outside concert area at Cosmo across LV Blvd. was loud.  They did stop the music at midnight,  I would have been pissed if it was 4am like you experienced.  What I learned was to ask about outdoor concerts/music etc and ask for a room that is not near that.   They can usually find something on the other side of the hotel that is quieter.  Not as much of an issue in winter, but definitely is in the summer!
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • Options
    a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    We are already planning our next trip too. Our friends love to travel so we are going to try to make yearly trips. Next year we will do vegas agin then we will probably rotate in some other cities as well. We also want to enjoy more hotels and venture to other areas of the strip. We are thinking the Wynn because it's a great hotel and on the other side of the strip. We have some pretty picky travelers on the group so we have to avoid some of the cheaper hotels. To me, as long as it's clean and quiet I am happy
  • Options
    a13049 said:
    We are already planning our next trip too. Our friends love to travel so we are going to try to make yearly trips. Next year we will do vegas agin then we will probably rotate in some other cities as well. We also want to enjoy more hotels and venture to other areas of the strip. We are thinking the Wynn because it's a great hotel and on the other side of the strip. We have some pretty picky travelers on the group so we have to avoid some of the cheaper hotels. To me, as long as it's clean and quiet I am happy

The Wynn and Encore are truly luxurious properties. We always feel so spoiled when we stay there! Which is only when we get a killer rate. I would say Aria and MGM fall in the reasonable price range and are nice enough for picky travelers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I know, we loved aria. I have stayed at Wynn before to but a bunch of our friends haven't so that's where we talked about staying next. I'm not as impressed with MGM personally.
  • Options
    I was going to ask you how you liked the Aria but i read your review and it sounds awesome! was it close to the bellagio?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards