Chit Chat

What to walk down the aisle to?

13»

Re: What to walk down the aisle to?

• ThAnks for the responses! We'd like to not have the traditional wedding March but something beautiful to walk down to.
  • My bridal party will enter to a string quartet cover of Led Zeppelin's "Thank You" and then I will enter to string quartet cover of Paramore's "The Only Exception".
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • 1,2,3,4 by the plain white ts

Because daw, and also the very first chord sounds like it's going to be traditional. Tricksy.

I love the princess bride idea- it used to be my tradition to throw a party and watch this movie on feb 14 for all my single friends. Which oft included FI. I think I'm just going to ask officiant how much it would cost to say "marriage is what brings us together today" to start off, and realize no one will get the joke but us.
  • Wegl13 said:
    1,2,3,4 by the plain white ts Because daw, and also the very first chord sounds like it's going to be traditional. Tricksy. I love the princess bride idea- it used to be my tradition to throw a party and watch this movie on feb 14 for all my single friends. Which oft included FI. I think I'm just going to ask officiant how much it would cost to say "marriage is what brings us together today" to start off, and realize no one will get the joke but us.
    My friends had another friend ordained to perform the "Princess Bride" ceremony for their wedding. It was so perfectly them - and it only took like 5 minutes so we were able to dig into the amazing cocktail hour very quickly!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• PDKH said:
    jenna8984 said:
    Question- we're getting married in a state park with just immediate family and 4 wedding party members. No DJ or anything. Would it be weird if there were no music? I wasn't really planning on doing any. Or should I try to have something play on a phone/ portable bluetooth speaker?

SITB
    I think you'll want something. Music is a filler (no awkward silences) and emotion-evoker. Next time you watch a movie, try not to pay attention to the dialogue, but listen to the soundtrack instead. Music helps set your mood and emotions, even if you don't overtly realize it. 

I'd look into grabbing a speaker and phone. 
    If you go this route, be sure to check the speaker right before the ceremony starts to make sure it's still working/charged. We had a small outdoor wedding, too, and had planned on doing the who portable speaker thing...but oops! It wasn't charged and there wasn't enough time to do so so we scrapped it. FWIW - it wasn't akward (I think I made some comment like "oh, just pretend there's music playing" to which everyone laughed and them my twin nephew started humming "here comes the bride"). It turned out really cute :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If the music doesn't happen, it's not a big deal. I walked my mom down the aisle to just the sound of the ocean and birds, and it was still beautiful.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards