November 2013 Weddings

1st year Anniversary Plans...

Anyone planning anything big for the first anniversary?  Parties? Trips? 

We're taking a trip to Hawaii to celebrate our anniversay.  Can't wait!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 1st year Anniversary Plans...

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    im low key jealous..lol i have no clue.. what we might do i might get tickets for the mr. fav team since they play our anniversary weekend

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • We discussed doing a trip but since our anniversary is the same week as Thanksgiving, we will probably do something the entire weekend and exchange gifts. H wanted to surprise me with something but I told him I'd rather do the traditional Paper gifts. We will see, we still need to figure out family plans as well with the holidays.
  • Our one year anniversary, we are re-enacting our first date. We met working at Disney, and we had dinner and a movie (we saw the Adjustment Bureau...so needless to say, we're still doing dinner and a movie, but that night ending it with cuddling on the couch and watching The Adjustment Bureau at home) I'm still thinking about what to get him for a gift... I have never heard of the traditional gifts, can someone help?
    imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's the list of "traditional" gifts (ignore that it's from hallmark) http://www.hallmark.com/anniversary/ideas/anniversary-gift-ideas/
  • We'll probably just do a dinner out. We might exchange gifts. I am planning on getting our cake Baker to make us a small cake since we didn't keep our top tier.
    Anniversary
  • Oh my gosh I love that this thread has been started! Hello again November ladies!! 

My husband and I have talked quite a bit on what we want to do for our 1st year anniversary. Our 1 year falls on Thanksgiving!! haha!
    So here are our ideas...
    1. Take a trip (except that this time of year is so expensive for travel!)
    2. Have a "spa" day and stay in the city at a nice hotel
    3. My husband is a photographer so we thought about doing my bridals -since they never got done ;/

Ok! And as for gifts! I'm actually really excited about this...
    We decided to do "traditional/modern" with a twist...instead of getting each other a gift, we plan on using each year to pick out some sort of decor together. So, for example "clocks" is a one year thing, so we plan on picking out a wall clock together. I dont know if we'll stick to exactly the tradition but I love having our house filled with little things like a throw pillow,vase,kitchen decor or wall art based on our anniversary. We'll see how it goes!! :) 
  • We ended up taking a trip up to Sonoma. We had it planned for months but the funny thing is that we didn't go wine tasting because I am 13 weeks pregnant! It was a lot of fun and relaxing because we got massages, did cheese and chocolate tasting and took a cooking class. 

I still can't believe a year has gone by! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards