Snarky Brides
Options

Bachelorette Party Invite.... just wow...

Came across this while on Pinterest the other day, this is an actual invite being sold on Etsy... Figured this is good as any for my first snarky post! Is this supposed to be "cute"?  203 times this thing has been pinned...

I just don't see the draw in the whole penis EVERYTHING.  

Re: Bachelorette Party Invite.... just wow...

• Options
  • Options

Ok, so for the record, this is gross.

However, I love, love, love Aggieville. All the bars with mostly no covers within walking distance, and Jimmy John's that's open after the bars close? It's like a little slice of heaven.

• Options
    Totally not above dirty jokes! Don't get me wrong... but the extra emphasis of all the "puns"... ugh...one person commented on the pin like "love this, perfect wording! lol".  No penises on the invite, just a clever rooster! :)
  • Options
    Ehh, it's trashy and I'd roll my eyes but it doesn't bother me too badly. It's just dumb. 

My H's last name has another word for penis in it - a pun on that became the instagram hashtag my bridesmaids made for my bachelorette weekend. 
  • Options
    It's trashy and totally juvenile.

OMG she said dick!  She said cock! Teehee ><

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    *groan*
  • Options
    This is worse than the woman I knew with the last name Head who wanted to name her son Richard. Seriously. She thought it would be funny. I was 17 and even then knew he would be made fun of his entire life with stupid puns like the ones above. 
  • Options
    So many bad penis-related puns on one invite...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I ever got this I'd just send it right back saying "This violates my terms of service."

Why does a bachelorette party have to be about dick anyway?  I never totally understood that.  I thought it was about getting stupid drunk, lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Are penises being synonymous with bachelorette parties due to scaring virgin brides? Because for non-virgins, none of that's a surprise. I'm damn glad I never have to be with anyone but FI again. This invite is stupid and trashy.

• Options
    I'm sure this is all meant as one big silly obvious IN YOUR FACE joke. Immature, nevertheless.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I got this invite, I would not go because I would assume anyone who would send it is tacky and lame. Gross. And not clever. I'm sad for the person who made this. This makes me sad.
  • Options
    I joked with my friend that her bachelorette would be rainbow colored and full of penises...she laughed. We never actually did that though.  If we had, and we found those invites we might laugh at the first pun or two, but that's about it. We'd never use them. 
  • Options
    I like a good dick joke every now and again, but this is even a bit much for me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    jenajjthr said:

This is worse than the woman I knew with the last name Head who wanted to name her son Richard. Seriously. She thought it would be funny. I was 17 and even then knew he would be made fun of his entire life with stupid puns like the ones above. 

In middle school, that was my gym teacher's actual name. Middle school! 12-14 year olds are the last kids you want to be teaching with that name.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Are penises being synonymous with bachelorette parties due to scaring virgin brides? Because for non-virgins, none of that's a surprise. I'm damn glad I never have to be with anyone but FI again. This invite is stupid and trashy.
    I thought it was more of a "think of all the penises you'll never see!" thing.

Still stupid.

I'm straight as an arrow and quite enjoy FI's penis, but let me be the first to say penises are strange and do weird things and can be icky and are vastly different than my own system.  I hardly feel like I'm missing out from the cornucopia of penises the world has to offer.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
  • Options
    The thing about this it that yes it is trashy, but I don't find it shocking or funny at all. I'm so tired of over the top penis bachelorette parties. Like I get that it's the last night as non-married woman, but you probably haven't been "single" and running around looking for dick for quite some time! So why do women feel like just because they're getting married they need to have penises all around them?! 
  • Options
    Eh, gotta say some of it made me have a little chuckle. Nothing particularly hilarious or offensive to me on this one. Nothing too clever, nothing I'd ever send out...but I do think it's eliciting the response it was looking for. People are offended - but talking about it!
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate dirty humor in some circumstances, but that kind of wording on an invitation is just too juvenile and trashy for my taste. I couldn't help but ask myself what kind of awkward, gross activities would occur during that event, and I don't think I would want to hang out with people who thought of this as something clever and funny. 
  • Options
    angiej2118angiej2118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2015
    I would seriously question the entire bachelorette night if this was the invitation I received.  I'm all about penis humor, but celebrating your bachelorette party doesn't need to be so blatantly and immaturely spelled out.  Yuck!!

• Options
    @angiej2118 this is a super old thread. I'ma close it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards