Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

The Flying Bridge?

Hello,

I am newly engaged and looking at having a Cape Cod Wedding. I grew up on Cape Cod, in Brewster, so having a wedding off cape never really crossed my mind. My only problem is that Cape Cod is expensive. Through some research, I'm thinking that the Flying Bridge might be a good option. I found their menu options and pricing and they seem fair. I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about the Flying Bridge? Do they have a site fee, clean up fees, 20% extra for staffing, etc? Or is the meal pricing all inclusive, somewhat inclusive at least???

Input from anyone who has had their wedding there is much appreciated.

We are thinking of having about 100-150 guests, Sept of 2015 or May 2016. Our budget was originally $10K, but we are thinking $15k-$17k is more realistic.

Thank you!

Re: The Flying Bridge?

• Options
    We are having our wedding there in two weeks, I can give you some input on our experience so far :) We're having about 100 people and doing a plated meal and we put like $3k towards the bar and i think it was around $11,000.

There aren't clean up fees or anything like that, but they do charge 27% in administrative fees/taxes. If you do a sit down meal it's like 4 courses but does not include any alcohol or anything like it. If you have the wedding on Saturday there's also a $2k room fee (we're having ours on Friday). They're pretty flexible though, and they have lots of different price points, which is cool. 

Any brides or vendors I've spoken with say they are pros when it comes to wedding hosting, too. We actually thought of hiring a Day Of Planner and she told us that FB takes care of everything, so we really didn't need her- which was really cool!

The only small negative is that Tyler, the guy who handles the weddings, doesn't seem to be the most personable guy. Any time I've emailed or called to ask him questions I feel like I am bothering him and he's pretty curt when responding. So if you want someone to coddle you through the wedding process this isn't it. haha

Hope this helps! Good luck!!

• Options
    My fiancee and I are thinking about doing our reception here but we're a little confused about the room rental fee.. Do they only charge a fee on saturdays? or do they only charge a rental fee during the summer months (after May). We've read in various places on the web that they only charge a rental fee after the end of May. If either of you could help us out that would be awesome! Thanks :D
  • Options

We just went and visited the location yesterday and we loved it! It is so pretty! I can confirm that they do NOT have a room rental fee in May. We will most likely be booking the FB for our reception for May 2016!

I agree about Tyler - definitely not the most personable guy, but I can get past that!

• Options
    Quick update! We had our reception at the Flying Bridge two Fridays ago and it was perfect! Jeff, who is the director of sales, was actually on hand that night (not Tyler) and absolutely AMAZING! He is definitely a pro and if you have any reservations about the place you shouldn't- he's got it covered. He was answering my questions before I even asked them the night of the wedding, he found some mistakes in the DJs timeline and fixed and re-planned some things before we even arrived. He's super friendly, personable, and clearly enjoys his job, which makes it so much fun for the bride and groom. We also had a few guest allergies, and Jeff did a great job of making sure those folks were happy and full. BTW, the food was great!

I have a to say, I was a little bit nervous because we had only dealt with Tyler up to that point, but once we met Jeff the day before the wedding we felt a million times better. 

The only downside of the FB is that there is no air conditioning, so it was pretty warm in the back of the room during dinner. 

Re: Rental fee, I think it's only on Saturdays (I'm not sure if that only applies during the summer or not). Our wedding was on Friday and there was no rental fee.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards