Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Let's See Yours

What invitations or other stationary are you using?  Pictures?  

Re: Let's See Yours

• Options
    I'm too far away from the wedding to have them printed but I'm using an 80lb silver pearlized cardstock for my invites and white 110lb or 12pt matte stock for my RSVPs, since they'll be easier to write on. My Save the Dates are on a white 12pt gloss stock. The thank you cards will be on white 110lb cardstock so they're sturdy but easy to fold and write on. My colors are black, white, and silver/gray, and working in a print shop, I'm doing my own printing and know exactly what type of paper we carry that prints, folds, and cuts well.
  • Options

This was our invitiation (this is the sample in our colors and font & such, but not our actual language).  I can't find a photo of that. 

• Options
    I made our invitations. They are square, pearl paper, with embossed flowers. The flowers have pearls in the centers and they are wrapped in lace.
  • Options
    Cheap off of vistaprint! Less than $150 for 80 (or more) each-- invites, rsvps, reception cards, thank you cards, address labels, and envelope seals plus envelopes. And the invites in required one regular forever stamp when we mailed them (plus the one for the RSVP, of course).
  • Options
    These were ours. Truth be told, I actually didn't love them. But I was so damn tired of looking at invites and arguing with my then-fiancé that I chose the first ones that were okay enough.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    These are mine! Wrapped them up with an aqua lace band and ivory bow.

• Options
    These started as a kit from Michael's.  Then I DIY'd the pocketfolds and made the parking and directions inserts in Photoshop, printed them on card stock and cut to size.  They'll have a strip of gold paper as a belly band and I have embossed black and gold seals. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is the set we bought from Michaels.  Easy to print and the paper for both the envelopes and invites/inserts was textured nicely.  The invitation was glued to the inside flap of the pocket so you could read it when the pocket was flipped up, and the insert and RSVP card went into the pocket on the bottom.

• Options
    These are mine! Wrapped them up with an aqua lace band and ivory bow.

Still jealous of the moire paper.
  • Options
    I've designed both my invites and save the dates and I'll be having them printing via Vista Print. The save the dates have a wooden gear I had custom laser cut which spins and reveals info or photos. We're having a...mash up wedding, with some steampunk and a lot of Lord of the Rings. My fiance thought up the spinning gear idea, and I designed everything in photoshop.

Save the dates (we're not 100% sure on which color to pick just yet. I've painted the gears gold, which we then attach with a brad to the save the date so it can spin)

Invites. The back will have the same background and possibly our names or a symbol or something in the middle.

• Options
    I ordered from Invitations by Dawn, I love them!
    (Canadians beware though, I had to pay outrageous brokerage fees due to UPS)

Anways,
    Here is the picture from the website...

and then my sneak peak...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @renea2015

Those are so neat looking, I love the colours.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I bought mine from davidsbridal.com because I fell in love with them on first sight.

• Options
    Renea2015 said:
    I've designed both my invites and save the dates and I'll be having them printing via Vista Print. The save the dates have a wooden gear I had custom laser cut which spins and reveals info or photos. We're having a...mash up wedding, with some steampunk and a lot of Lord of the Rings. My fiance thought up the spinning gear idea, and I designed everything in photoshop.

Save the dates (we're not 100% sure on which color to pick just yet. I've painted the gears gold, which we then attach with a brad to the save the date so it can spin)

Invites. The back will have the same background and possibly our names or a symbol or something in the middle.

There are some etiquette issues with your invitation wording.  Cute design!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

So many cute ones! We went with these, after having a complete debacle with a horrible custom design shop.

http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/product/15290/signature_white_wedding_invitations_shining_elegance.html

• Options
    This is our save the date, we ordered them off of Etsy, and then used a local mom and pop copy shop to print them that a few people recommended to us. Sorry I took some pieces out for the sake of privacy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lots blurred for privacy reasons- but you can still get the overall feel of both. :) 
  • Options
    I'm pretty excited about ours. The invites are actually giant stamps, so we still need to sit down and stamp all of our invites onto card stock. It's a little more work, but I liked how unique these were. Here's a sample picture from the etsy shop we bough them from:

• Options
    For my daughter's wedding I found a really good price on two color Letterpress invitations. The postage stamps were a photo of the ceremony venue. Announcements were sent after the ceremony in April, and were made using a matching 3"x5" Letterpress card affixed to a colored backer with a photo on the inside. The cover actually had an individual original watercolor painting on each one, painted by hand from another one of the wedding photos (amazingly inexpensive!). The inner envelopes were printed vellum. Since they did have a small wedding and were using announcements, they didn't want the announcements to look like an afterthought- they were so beautiful.
  • Options
    This is ours, from Wedding Paper Divas:

• Options
    We haven't ordered our invitations yet but I designed our STDs and used Vistaprint to print them out in bulk for cheap.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CTYankeeBride NikkiJay3333

For your Michaels kits, did you print them yourself or take them to a printer? And did you find the kits online or in-store? I designed all the cards myself, but was trying to figure out how to best present them - this might work!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    Mine were rather informal working, despite it being a rather formal event and location...
    We also did not follow traditional wording. Everything was in one location, not a church, so it worked.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Gorgeous!They are very artistic and uncommon!
  • Options
    @stephisawes0me  Sorry about the late reply, I didn't get a notification from TK.  We printed them ourselves at home.  I would buy them again because they made everything so easy.  Plus I loved the way they looked.  I also purchased mine in a store.
  • Options
    Mine were rather informal working, despite it being a rather formal event and location...
    We also did not follow traditional wording. Everything was in one location, not a church, so it worked.
    I lol'd.
  • Options
    Please ban MOHAlly.  Vendor, and is spamming the board.  @KnotPorscha
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Hey @CMGragain,

They have been banned and shouldn't be an issue any longer!

KP
  • Options

These are our invitations. We went pretty traditional.

And our Save the Dates ordered from Paper Source.

• Options
    here is mine!  I made it myself (using a template I purchased of etsy and pocket folds I bought online).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards