October 2014 Weddings

What wedding related (and not) stuff are you doing this weekend?

My wedding 10.4

We are meeting with our officiant and going over our ceremony. 
The officiants GF plays guitar and sings so we are going to ask if she will learn Choose You (the new Sara Bareilles song) for our first dance. 
I will also probably be addressing/stamping invites to go out later this week.

What is everyone else up to?

Re: What wedding related (and not) stuff are you doing this weekend?

• I'm at the point in planning where I dont know WHAT to do. We have our invitations addressed, sealed, and ready to go to the post office - but we will be mailing those next week when FI comes home from working out of town. I have done things so early, that I think I have a lot done, but I'm afraid that I am forgetting something!

I did talk to my officiant on the phone yesterday to 'check in', and he suggested to start looking into readings that we would like to have done at the ceremony so I may glance around for the popular readings, and for Sand Ceremony readings - but to be honest, I'm not too concerned about that. 
  • @ladygoldish I hear you!  We are in the same boat.  I have everything done that needs to be done, but I feel like I'm forgetting something.

I'm tending to my poor pup who was neutered today.  Poor thing.  He looks so defeated in his cone of shame.  I'm also finishing up plans for a baby shower I'm throwing for one of my bridesmaids (which is only 6 days before my own bridal shower... oi!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • I ordered my invites this weekend. Waiting for them to come in. Also ordered correlating announcements/thank you cards. :)

Today we picked out my wedding band!
  • PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014

I bought gifts for my mother and FMIL. We are supposedly ordering gifts online for the dads and brothers this evening. We need to do a little more shopping around online first.

We both bought carry on bags for the plane for our honeymoon.

FI's ring came in so we just got back from picking that up...he loves it! So do I.

I bought a ton of higher end, long-lasting makeup yesterday since I'm doing my own makeup for the wedding. I'm having fun trying everything out. Some stuff I need to buy closer to the wedding, though.

ETA:  We just ordered the men's gifts.  I also just noticed that things have been purchased from our registries...holy crap...this is getting real!

• I'm a bit behind and will be ordering our invites. But it's kind of in the back of my mind, because I just found out I'm frigging pregnant!
  • Congrats @Blergbot‌ !!!!!!!!
  • Putting off addressing invites :( I also need to ring the seamstress to set up an appointment for alterations

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I did pretty much nothing wedding related, besides have nightmares about the wedding. I had a family reunion that lasted from Thursday-Saturday, and spent most of Sunday in bed sick. The things I did not do (that I was planning on doing): finish addressing invites, go to premarital counseling and finish DIYing stupid centerpieces. I'm so over centerpieces. I did find/order bracelets for my daughters (flower girl and ring bearer) that my florist is going to attach flowers to, and ordered a gift for future MIL.
  • kebebb said:
    I did pretty much nothing wedding related, besides have nightmares about the wedding. I had a family reunion that lasted from Thursday-Saturday, and spent most of Sunday in bed sick. The things I did not do (that I was planning on doing): finish addressing invites, go to premarital counseling and finish DIYing stupid centerpieces. I'm so over centerpieces. I did find/order bracelets for my daughters (flower girl and ring bearer) that my florist is going to attach flowers to, and ordered a gift for future MIL.
    Me to! I had a nightmare Saturday night! Yikes! I did start my baskets for the bathrooms at our venue and got a strapless bra for under my dress. BTW if you havent been measured for your bra size, I highly reccomend it. Got measured at Macys and found I've been wearing the wrong size!

• I finally finished our card box (which has been on my to-do list for the past 2 months)! I'll try to post a pic later.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I sent invitations on Saturday!!!
    Also, I found an AMAZING gift for one of my bridesmaids. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I didn't do anything WR this weekend. We have our final pre-marital counseling session on Thursday so I think we'll spend some time talking about the ceremony with our pastor. I need to finish addressing my invitations. I've done about 30 sets and have 50 more to go. Ugh...I'm handwriting them all in calligraphy so it takes me about an hour to do 10. I've been knocking them out here and there but I'm getting closer and closer to the point where we need to mail them so I need to quit slacking.

• bekt14bekt14 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    I'll be attending somebody else's wedding this weekend and secretly thinking of do's and dont's from a guest perspective. I haven't been to a wedding since being engaged myself, so this will be a good experience for me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • I'm going to my first bridal shower this weekend.  I'm excited to see everyone and the lady throwing it is my mother's best friend and she knows how to host!  For my sister-in-law's shower, we all felt like royalty eating off of little crystal plates and drinking out of pretty champagne glasses.  I'm also excited to see my MH since we don't live close and I hardly get to see her.

I also just got our invitations in the mail, so we should be getting RSVPs very soon.  We also found two of our friends who are willing to play piano and guitar for the wedding so I will listen to them play a bit this weekend.

Next weekend, we are going to taste food for the rehearsal dinner, pick out my future groom's suit, and find our wedding bands!
  • My sister is coming to town and I get to see her bridesmaid dress.
    I am also going to Costco and buying tons and tons of wine for the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have no idea what to do wedding planning wise. Havent really for awhile now.
    but non wedding I am on my way to see rascal flatts!!! Yay!!!
  • @Emily104 I wish we could get alcohol at Costco (I'm in PA, we have the state store system, boo!) 

This weekend is my SHOWER!!!!! I am having my hair and make-up trial trial beforehand so I look pretty for it :) It's high tea at a wonderful local tea house. SO EXCITED!!!!
  • ladygoldfish Yay! I have a strong feeling mine is this weekend too. There have been too many inconsistencies and I know its soon because my mom has been talking about it more and more. 

• Last night we met with our officiant for the first time and had a counseling session. He is a cousin of my FI, so it was nice to spend time with him and his family. Today I bought more glass jars for my candy buffet, and while I was out, my mom and I found a beautiful back drop for our ceremony (something we have have been looking for for a while). But I wanted it to be a different color so my mom and I spent a couple of hours painting it. Tomorrow I plan on doing a few DIY things and then putting stamps on all of my invites. 
  • I had my first wedding related dream last night.  Kate Upton came and stole my FI and I had to tell FMIL why there was no longer a wedding taking place.

I woke up and wanted a hug. I told FI and he laughed.
    To be honest though, it was Kate Upton - can't really blame him!
  • I booked my first fitting for sept 2. We finally have our hotel booked for the honeymoon...FI's SIL works for a hotel chain and helped us get a good rate so we saw her yesterday to give her our credit card info to book it. I also ordered a potential bra to wear with my dress. I may try a few options to see what I like best. Whatever makes my girls look fab will be the winner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards