Michigan-Lansing

The Vendors I Used - Lansing

For some reason it wouldn't let me reply and post this in a vendor discussion (maybe because it's closed?) but I wanted to share mine since I had a good experience with pretty much every one.

Ceremony
Ceremony Site
Lakeview Banquet in Laingsburg ($300) --they have an outdoor patio right on Round Lake for the ceremony. They provide 100 chairs for guests, I believe additional chairs are $1.50 each. I loved the outdoor ceremony right on the lake--beautiful! 
Officiant Cousin-in-law
Ceremony Music Capital City DJ's--see below

Reception
Reception Site - Lakeview Banquet in Laingsburg ($900) - we booked a year and a half in advance. If you use their preferred caterers they provide all the dishes, glasswear, silverwear, tableclothes, and napkins. Table underlays were an upcharge. It is right on round lake and has great views. No clean up charge. They offer different bar packages. It was a very easy process. 
Caterer - A Catered Affaire (about $4000) - we had one appetizer and then a two entree buffet. I don't think they brought enough appetizers for everyone. Although we only had one appetizer, they should have brought enough so that they didn't run out. Our final guest count was 110, but even less than that came, so it was even more odd that they ran out. Other than that it was very good. We had a tasting beforehand and they pretty much made us entire entrees. 
Chair Covers/Linens - Weddings by Nicole ($400) - I got chair covers, sashes, and table runners. The reception hall provided the table cloths and underlays. Some of the chair covers were a little wrinkled but otherwise good. 
Bakery - Cakes a Bloomin ($400) - Our cake was perfect, exactly like the picture we showed (even though it was buttercream, not fondant). I also got a groom's cake (just a sheet cake w/ a photo of Robocop and Dredd--for my husband as a surprise. They were great.
DJ - 
Capital City Djs ($700) - I could recommend them more. Josh was so quick to answer all my emails and gave advice separate from his DJ services. The music was awesome. He pretty much ran our rehearsal. We booked a year and a half advance so he gave us a good discount. He did both ceremony and reception.
Favors - Flower seed packets from the dollar store --put into the pockets of the napkins at the tables. (4 packets for $1).

Other
Rehearsal Dinner - Spartan Hall of Fame Cafe---price not sure, groom's parents paid.
Florist - 
Delta Flowers ($700ish) - They did my bouquet, bridesmaids' corsages, all other corsages and boutinnieres, and reception table flowers (1 mason jar per table). I loved my bouquet...they took the picture of what I showed them of my dream bouquet and pretty much replicated it. Took a lot of time in the two meetings I had talking about what I wanted. Very nice and flexible.

Photography
Photographer - Karie Anne Photography --- she's the BEST!!! I won't list what we paid because she is also a friend of ours and my husband redid her logo for her so it was a sort of exchange of services, and she gave us a big discount). 
Engagement Pictures - 
Karie Anne Photography (included in wedding package)

Beauty / Attire
Rings - My rings came from Zales ($2500ish for both engagement ring and band) and we bought his wedding band from Amazon ($20, tungsten carbide). 
Wedding Dress - Beckers Bridal ($1000) - Dress came in very quick (but it was a priority dress with Sottero Midgley--Lara). I also got my jewelry through them with the credit I got.
Alterations - Hilda Schmidt through The Wedding Bell in Okemos. I was impressed. She came highly recommended. My dress was a satin sheeth with a lace overlay and keyhole back. It needed to be taken in around the shoulders and hemmed about 4 inches. It would require removing all the lace, altering then sewing it back on. ($390 including steaming).
Tuxes - Baryames Tuxedo ($145/tux, groom free) - one grooms' pants clasp broke, and had to be held up with a clip. Other than that, good. 
Bridesmaid Dresses - Alfred Angelo -- ordered through a salon in CA
Hair my bridesmaid who's a hairstylist
Makeup - Myself and bridesmaid

Paper
Save the Dates - Didn't use (cost saver--you don't need them, although people expect them. They can wait for an invitation. ;) )
Invites - Vista Pint -- about $300 for everything including stamps. 
Programs/Menus - used a chalkboard sign for ceremony site for a program, and another for the menu for buffet table --Hobby Lobby and my wonderful artistic friend drew it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards