Second Weddings

Is it ok to use the same wedding vendor from wedding number one for your second wedding?

I'm completely embarrassed to even be asking this question.  

Background:  My second wedding - almost 10 years after the first, no kids.  His first wedding.  My first wedding was huge and over the top with no budgetary limitations.  This time we are paying for everything ourselves.

So here is the question:  A band, a really great band, is extremely important to both of us.  Columbia, SC doesn't exactly have the most cutting edge wedding industry.  There are several companies who are working very hard to put themselves on the map, but what I am finding is that almost every wedding has the same planner, photographer, band, caterer, rentals, and even venue.  My band from wedding number one in Charleston was amazing, and so far, I'm the only person I know who has used them.  There are very few people who will have been at both wedding one and two with the exception of possibly 10 or so family members and very close friends.  Can I use the same band for my second wedding?  Obviously I wouldn't advertise the fact, but I would tell husband-to-be if it turns out he likes them and they work into our budget.  Please don't judge me!  Etiquette is very important to me, and I don't want anyone to feel like I'm trying to pull one over on them.  Help!

Re: Is it ok to use the same wedding vendor from wedding number one for your second wedding?

• I don't see how using the same vendor twice is an issue, unless your FI has concerns. If it makes him feel uncomfortable, then you may need to rethink and compromise.

It's definitely not an etiquette issue. Properly hosting your guests is key, but where your music comes from does not really play into that at all as long as people feel welcome and taken care of. Chances are, no one will even remember it's the same band and they surely will not be playing all of the same songs again.

• I used the same videographer. I love their work and highly recommend them to others - why wouldn't I use them again myself?

I don't see any issue with using vendors the second time around. If you and FI like the band, then go for it. There is nothing etiquette wide that would prevent you from using the same band a second time.

GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'm using the same caterer.  Prices are great, food is excellent, plus I already know that they are professional and reliable because I've worked with them before.

FI knows this and is completely fine with it.  The vendors that were used had no impact on the success or failure of my first marriage, and they aren't likely to have an impact on this one either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards