Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Out of state MOH -- when to do Bachelorette Party?

My MOH/best friend of 13 years has very kindly volunteered to plan/host my bachelorette party. She's a natural born party planner, so I am really excited -- we are just having trouble nailing down the date! She lives in TX and I live in IN. She's already flying in for the wedding as it is and I am worried about putting her out with another plane ticket. When I've asked her what would be the most convenient for her she always tells me that she's flexible and willing come up whenever I want to do it -- but I feel like she's saying that because she loves me. As it is now she and her boyfriend are flying in two days before the wedding (which is late October) but the dates can still be adjusted. I just don't want to do it too soon and her have to purchase like a $600 last minute plane ticket to be able to attend the party but also don't want to push it out until like a week before the wedding and then she and her fiance feel that they have to miss a week of work & pay for a hotel for that long (I would of course offer my home, but we have one-year-old twins and a two bedroom apartment. I am almost certain they'll decide to go with a hotel). Am I overthinking this?

Re: Out of state MOH -- when to do Bachelorette Party?

• Options
    I would give her 3-4 available weekends and let her choose. 

I would also tell her that you are 100% happy with doing it 2 days before the wedding when she'll already be in town.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    All of my bridesmaids except one were from out of town. They took me out Friday night for mine. The wedding was Sunday. It worked out great. No one felt obligated to fly in a separate time.
  • Options
    Great to hear @lc07! I was a little concerned with doing it two days before because I figured I would just be too swamped with last minute details but, all things considered, it's not worth having her spend the extra money if she doesn't have to. I think I'll probably offer her a few available dates as suggested above (including the day she's flying in) and have her choose whichever works best.

Thanks for all the help! :)
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Great to hear @lc07! I was a little concerned with doing it two days before because I figured I would just be too swamped with last minute details but, all things considered, it's not worth having her spend the extra money if she doesn't have to. I think I'll probably offer her a few available dates as suggested above (including the day she's flying in) and have her choose whichever works best.

Thanks for all the help! :)
    I think that's a great idea. And try to do as much as you can in advance and stay organized. Once people are in town you are going to want to spend time with them. Plus, I had the whole day Friday to run errands. We went out to dinner and then out that night to bars. So it didn't impact my ability to do stuff because there was no way I was going to be up late at night two nights before the wedding doing craft projects, anyway. But that's my personality. :)
  • Options

My MOH/sister is out of state too! She suggested a holiday weekend for both my bachelorrette and my shower. This way we can knock them both out while she's here. So we are doing them Labor Day weekend! Flight might be more expensive but we have an extra day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards