Chit Chat
Options

So, I dropped off the face of the planet

...Because it turns out that moving is exhausting. I've spent the past few weeks unpacking, babysitting the nephew, and frantically job searching. I've missed everybody. What have you been up to?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
eyeroll

Re: So, I dropped off the face of the planet

• Options
    blabla89blabla89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Business as usual here. Some angry snowflake resurrected the TKzillas thread and I'm hoping it'll get juicy again...

ETA: And I totally feel you, moving is my least favorite thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Moving sucks.  After we moved into our current house (we both sold our respective houses and moved into 1 forever home) I said when we move again, which will be to the old folks home and not before, we're hiring movers.  

How is the job hunt going??

• Options
    @WinstonsGirl Not so much as a preliminary interview. I am losing my mind. At least I'm finally getting my unemployment checks...
    eyeroll
  • Options

I'm sorry, moving such sucks like Hell.  My DH has a LOT of stuff.  Moving seriously sucks.

They have reached out to some people to become mods.  You can catch up on that one on the knot tech board.  I haven't gotten the email they talked about yet to agree to mod, but supposedly it is coming.  Was thrilled to see they reached out to Lynda, MobKaz, and Maire Poppy too.  I think there were 31 or so that got the message.

Welcome back!  We missed you.

• Options
    kmmssg said:

I'm sorry, moving such sucks like Hell.  My DH has a LOT of stuff.  Moving seriously sucks.

They have reached out to some people to become mods.  You can catch up on that one on the knot tech board.  I haven't gotten the email they talked about yet to agree to mod, but supposedly it is coming.  Was thrilled to see they reached out to Lynda, MobKaz, and Maire Poppy too.  I think there were 31 or so that got the message.

Welcome back!  We missed you.

Good mod choices! Yay!
    eyeroll
  • Options
    They haven't even sent the email to you yet? I thought mods were supposed to be "in place" early last week. Classic. Welcome back, InkDancer! Moving blows.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Today we are moving for the 5th time since 2010. I feel your moving pain @Inkdancer
  • Options
    Hey, inkdancer! Good to see you again! and yes, moving totally sucks. I have  been pretty busy with work and stuff this month. I think things will finally die down and I will get to relax again!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Yeah they contacted me to be a mod and I haven't gotten an email yet either. Moving does suck! I'm not looking forward giving up our apartment.  Oh wells! But how does the new apartment look?
  • Options
    SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    After our last move I decided that I would never, ever EVER move the U-haul way again! I don't care if we move down the street- I'm not doing it! Moving is so stressful and hard. I hate it. Glad to see you made it out of all of that in one piece!
  • Options
    AddieCake said:
    They haven't even sent the email to you yet? I thought mods were supposed to be "in place" early last week. Classic. Welcome back, InkDancer! Moving blows.
    You know they're absolutely hammered right now and trying to throw darts with member names at a wall with different boards written on it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Moving sucks.    Hiring movers helps, but it still not enough.

Welcome back!!!

The only thing new with me is I'm a year older on Thursday.     
    beethery said:
    AddieCake said:
    You know they're absolutely hammered right now and trying to throw darts with member names at a wall with different boards written on it.

*** STUCK IN THIS BOX ***

LOL

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Welcome back! Hope the move is going/went well.
  • Options
    Yeah they contacted me to be a mod and I haven't gotten an email yet either. Moving does suck! I'm not looking forward giving up our apartment.  Oh wells! But how does the new apartment look?
    New place is actually a single-family house! I really love it. As soon as I finish addressing invitations, I'm going to take pictures. The kitchen is still chartreuse, which is a problem.
    eyeroll
  • Options

Congrats on the new place! How exciting!  :)  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Inkdancer said:
    New place is actually a single-family house! I really love it. As soon as I finish addressing invitations, I'm going to take pictures. The kitchen is still chartreuse, which is a problem.
    If you tint your primer gray you might need less coats of paint for that....
  • Options
    kmmssg said:
    Inkdancer said:
    Oh, I just haven't gotten around to painting it. I wanted to tackle the unpacking first.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:
    That's awesome! I'm always jealous of people who live in houses and not apartments! I demand pictures even with the kitchen.
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:
    kmmssg said:
    Inkdancer said:
    Oh, I just haven't gotten around to painting it. I wanted to tackle the unpacking first.
    Absolutely!  I just heard this on HGTV awhile back and your post made me think of it so I wanted to pass it on.
  • Options
    @Inkdancer Welcome back! I'm planning my own move all the way to UK (from Canada) to finally be with FI who I haven't seen since February. I understand how stressful a move can be!

@blabla89 lol the "TKzillas" thread is very alive right now and some hilarious good reads on there :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm officially halfway done with addressing invitations. My hands are falling off.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Welcome back! Moving is exhausting. We only moved a few blocks and I was wiped out when it was over with.
  • Options
    I'M DONE!! With invitations, anyway. Only took me 9 hours.

I think I need a Vodka Creamsicle and a hand massage.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Yay for surviving the move!! 

We just finished our thank you cards (yep, I'm an OMH now. Woot!) so I know your pain. Shocking (and a bit sad) how quickly my hand cramps when hand writing anything nowadays. Technology woes). 

Welcome back!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Glad you're back! Tonight I'm catching up on Ink Master before FI gets home on Friday (:
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:
    I'M DONE!! With invitations, anyway. Only took me 9 hours.

I think I need a Vodka Creamsicle and a hand massage.
    Yay for surviving the move AND for finishing your invitations!!!!

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards