November 2014 Weddings
Options

When should you start your dress fittings ?

Hello !! I'm getting married on November 14th . I was wondering when I should start my dress fittings ? 

Re: When should you start your dress fittings ?

• Options
    Congrats!

Where did you get your dress?  Do they do alterations or are you going with someone else?  I would recommend calling where you purchased the dress from and ask them what timelines you should follow.  If you are going with another seamstress, call them up and ask.  

My mother called my bridal salon and they suggested I come in for August or September because they are still dealing with summer brides right now.  Looks like I'm going to my fitting August 15th or 22nd.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I'm getting married 11/29 not doing bridal portraits. David's Bridal had me scheduled for September 2 and I called another independent lady, who was highly recommended by my local board, and she had me scheduled August 23. I would say 2-3 months out from when you need the dress, in case the first alterations aren't perfect and they have to fix it.
  • Options
    November 14 here too!  I've had this exact question.  I bought my dress off-the-rack so I can take it wherever.. I'm wondering if Sept 1ish (or probably after that since I think that's Labor Day) is too late to get started?  I wanted another month of working out. :)
  • Options
    That should be fine @jaime232.  Call your seamstress to double check.  

• Options
    I'm November 14th also! I think it depends on your seamstress and what kind of alterations are needed. Depending on how busy the seamstress's schedule is or if there are only minor alterations needed you might get different answers.
    I would think if you only need minor alterations Sept 1 would give anyone plenty of time but I'd call to be sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm November 14th too! I have my first fitting the last week of September. When I called David's they told me the first week of October at the latest.
  • Options
    I have a dress fitting August 23rd at 11am.  Woot?

• Options
    I finally scheduled my dress fitting- I had gone back and forth, but I was terrified to have the alterations messed up, so I'm going to the same lady my sister did, even though it's a 2-3 hour drive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh, I need to pick a dress. I can't even figure out the fitting date, since I haven't tried on a single dress yet. I'm procrastinating big time.
  • Options
    @MommyKristin88 how will dress shopping work for you?  As a pregnant bride, having a fitting far in advance just makes zero sense.  I hear David's Bridal has wonderful maternity gowns.  What is your strategy?

• Options
    @MommyKristin88 how will dress shopping work for you?  As a pregnant bride, having a fitting far in advance just makes zero sense.  I hear David's Bridal has wonderful maternity gowns.  What is your strategy?

@goldchocobo I can pick a dress now, but the size I order is based on a strategy they use to predict what size you'll be (stomach and bust) by your wedding date. So, my fittings won't happen until within a month of the wedding.

I didn't like DB maternity gowns (they are so plain; where are the jewels and sparkles? lol), but I did find 4 on their website that could work. I'm going with a sheath style, since it will ideally require less alterations. I really need to make an appointment and just try some stuff on.

• Options
    Wedding is 11/8 and I just did my first fitting 8/9 and go back for the second one on 10/4.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards