Attire & Accessories Forum

Undergarments

I haven't bought anything for under my dress yet.  I would like to wait until it comes in and then try on my options with the dress itself.  It's a ball gown, and I'm not really sure what kind of hoops I want with it.  Do most people just buy undergarments from the dress store when they go for their fittings?  I don't even know where else I'd look for this stuff...

Re: Undergarments

• @chasingsunlight You know what, that's a good question. I haven't given thought to my undergarments except for my bra because my dress is basically a sweetheart strapless but with decorative little sleeves that we're adding. I'm wearing those sticky chicken cutlets things lol. As for panties and such, I'm actually thinking of wearing something big and comfy. I cannot imagine wearing a tiny little G string, trying to get it out of my butt crack and fiddling with my dress, hair, bouquet etc at the same time lol. What were you thinking?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You could probably find hooped petticoats and such on a preowned website like preownedweddingdresses.com

You could also check out ebay or even Etsy.

As for your typical undergarments, I would wear a pair of underwear that are super comfortable and don't ride up your butt.  As for a bra, that depends on your dress and what you really feel comfortable in.  I didn't wear a bra because the top portion of my dress was very structured on the inside so it wasn't necessary.

• I got both my longline bra and shapewear from Target!  Totally comfortable, totally works with my dress, totally less than $40.  Think outside the box, OP!  Check Target, Kohl's, Soma, Nordstrom, Macy's, etc (or whatever is nearest to you).
    You won't find petticoats at these places, but other undergarments, yes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • You may find out you don't need special undergarments. I wore a ball gown and didn't need a hoop skirt. I had cups sewn in the dress as well so I didn't need a bra.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would prefer cups sewn in, but I guess I need to talk to the seamstress about that?  Did you have to buy cups somewhere to have them sewn in?  I think we bought cups for my prom dress when I had that done...but I can't remember and neither can my mother.  I tried the sample of the dress both with and without a slip, and I definitely want some kind of hoop or crinoline with it. I just don't want to buy one without seeing how it will make the skirt of my actual dress look.
  • I would go with Hoboken, have cups sewn in, the seamstress at the shop should be able to provide the correct size to alter your dress with. And I got my panties at Walmart believe it or not. They are seamless and don't ride up at all! I call them no-wedgies hehe. They're not the prettiest undies to look at, but they are SO comfy and besides, the sexy stuff is for after anyway :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards