Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Mini Dessert Bar instead of Cake

We are doing a dessert bar instead of a wedding cake and the caterer has so many options. Please help me decide what desserts would go over well. I was thinking of ordering 5 varieties.
Chocolate mousse cup
Key Lime Tart 
Éclair
Cream puff 
Cream Brulee spoon 
Tiramisu Cup 
coconut macaroons 
Cheesecake 

Re: Mini Dessert Bar instead of Cake

• Options
    OMG YES TIRAMISU AND CHEESECAKE. Ahem. I'd go Tiramisu, cheesecake, chocolate mousse, key lime tart and then either the ecalir or cream puff.

Anniversary
  • Options
    lmriemer said:
    We are doing a dessert bar instead of a wedding cake and the caterer has so many options. Please help me decide what desserts would go over well. I was thinking of ordering 5 varieties.
    Chocolate mousse cup
    Key Lime Tart 
    Éclair
    Cream puff 
    Cream Brulee spoon 
    Tiramisu Cup 
    coconut macaroons 
    Cheesecake 
    YUM! I highlighted my top 5 - Normally I'm a cheesecake fanatic, but you already have quite a few cream based choices, so I thought it wise to mix it up with some citrus and a pastry.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Chocolate mousse cup
    Cream puff 
    Cream Brulee spoon 
    Tiramisu Cup 

Cheesecake 

• Options
    I vote big yes on tiramisu, mousse, key lime, and cheesecake. Fill in the last slot as you please. 
  • Options
    If you want to revisit--pick ones that are most different from each other.  Since key lime and cheesecake or cheesecake and creme brulee are both creamy, do one not all.  I tend to find mass produced creme brulee to be not so good.  The part of the top that's bruleed sits and isn't good anymore.  I'd pass on that one since it is harder to execute.
  • Options
    Mousse Cup 
    Key Lime Tart 
    Cream Puff 
    Creme Brulee Spoon 
    Tiramisu 

And YUMMMM. 
  • Options

I would devour cheesecake and cream puffs!

This is a great thing to do. My nephews wedding had a dessert buffet, and it was one of the highlights of the reception food. They had a cake also, but we brought our slices home for the next day.

• Options

These all sound great.  If you find yourself with extra $ to spend adding and extra 1 or 2 options would be a great upgrade.

Depending on the recipe for the coconut macaroon it might be a good option since it has the possibility of being a dairy free item if you may have any lactose intolerant guests at your wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards