Chit Chat

I (finally) said Yes to the Dress!!!!!

pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited August 2014 in Chit Chat
7 bridal salons later, and about 50 dresses later, I finally found my dress! It is the Maggie Sottero "Kendall." I don't like the pics I took so I'll just post the model pic. It really is like they say- when you know, you KNOW. Until today, the one Maggie dress that I found during my first visit was the top contender, with another Maggie a top second. I actually went to the salon today to try and find the top dress so I could try it sgain. I told the consultant I did not exactly remember the dress and she said "well if you don't remember the dress, it wasn't the one." I love satin dresses, but the ones I've tried we're too plain for my taste. When I put the dress on I just felt fabulous. I'm not a crier but I came close to it. And when she extended the train I was blown away. I could feel and see myself taking pictures in the dress and getting married in it. I want to pair it with a sash/belt for some bling to spice it up. I put on a black sash with some crystal stuff, and it made the dress look so awesome. So yay!!!! My birthday month came through for me again! Oh, and the best part, this gown was totally below my budget- so I think now I can splurge on the shoes!!! Christian Loubatin perhaps?!?!!!?!! ;-p
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

gladyscfjenna8984JCbride2015NYCMercedesKnottie37373131manillabarLabLove86Peaseblossom55BreMROliveOilsMomKeptInStitchesSenecafcupcait927SmileDamnitluckya23beachyone15climbingsingleemmaaasmgold6ShellD13DanikaMarie0227FutureMrsN3312MommyKristin88KatieinBkln

Re: I (finally) said Yes to the Dress!!!!!

• YAY !!!!

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    pinkcow13
  • That is one HOT dress. Yaaaaay

Wedding Countdown Ticker

pinkcow13
  • Hooray!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
    pinkcow13
  • Yay, I'm sure it will look great on you! Beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

pinkcow13
  • That is just elegant. Absolutely stunning.
    pinkcow13
  • Dayum girl. That's BEAUTIFUL
    Anniversary

pinkcow13
  • That's gorgeous! Congratulations!
    Happiness is an inside job
    pinkcow13
  • It's gorgeous!  Congratulations!
    pinkcow13
  • Thanks guys! Now the diet begins, LOL
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Ooh it has the balloon train or bubble train I always forget which. This dress is super classy and yes, a sash will make it even more elegant. Congrats!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beautiful and elegant!! I can't wait to see "real" pictures!
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

pinkcow13
  • Woohoo! Congrats ladyfriend, it's GORGEOUS!

pinkcow13
  • Beautiful dress for a beautiful bride!
    ~*~*~*~*~

pinkcow13
  • Love it!!  Yay for no more shopping!!

pinkcow13
  • Very stunning dress!! How exciting!!
    pinkcow13
  • @pinkcow13 OMG that dress was MY second choice but I ended picking out another Maggie dress, the Tristan. That's amazing lol. The dress is absolutely gorgeous btw, love the little buttons and bows in the back! Great choice and congrats :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay! You are going to look stunning!
    pinkcow13
  • Woot! Congratulations!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    pinkcow13
  • Yay! I have a Maggie dress too :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

pinkcow13
  • What a gorgeous dress!
    pinkcow13
  • I've always thought Maggie dresses were smokin hot. Out of my price range and too "hot" for me... But I love love love them.
    pinkcow13
  • @pinkcow13 OMG that dress was MY second choice but I ended picking out another Maggie dress, the Tristan. That's amazing lol. The dress is absolutely gorgeous btw, love the little buttons and bows in the back! Great choice and congrats :)
    Great minds think alike! The Tristan dress is gorgeous! I love Maggie dresses :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

raissyrais
  • pinkcow13 said:
    @pinkcow13 OMG that dress was MY second choice but I ended picking out another Maggie dress, the Tristan. That's amazing lol. The dress is absolutely gorgeous btw, love the little buttons and bows in the back! Great choice and congrats :)
    Great minds think alike! The Tristan dress is gorgeous! I love Maggie dresses :)
    Mine is Sottero and Midgley, different brand but same company I think.  I love the vibe they all have-- sexy but very tasteful.  Pinkcow I know I already said your dress is gorgeous, but it is GORGEOUS!  I'm normally not a fan of satin but it looks so perfect on that dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

raissyrais
  • pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    pinkcow13 said:
    @pinkcow13 OMG that dress was MY second choice but I ended picking out another Maggie dress, the Tristan. That's amazing lol. The dress is absolutely gorgeous btw, love the little buttons and bows in the back! Great choice and congrats :)
    Mine is Sottero and Midgley, different brand but same company I think.  I love the vibe they all have-- sexy but very tasteful.  Pinkcow I know I already said your dress is gorgeous, but it is GORGEOUS!  I'm normally not a fan of satin but it looks so perfect on that dress.
    Thanks, JC! Yea, I think it is overall the same company. I think it's like Essence of Australia and Stella York, they are all the same company. I realized that at all the bridal salons that carried Maggie, I always inadvertently liked her dresses the best. So I knew that my dress would end up being a Maggie - or Sottero and Midgeley too, actually. I had a love/hate thing with Satin. There was one Harry Roth Satin dress that I loved, but it was too plain for my taste. Another one I hated - I think the material was too thin. I think I loved this one because of the ruched details.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pinkcow13 - Congrats! Generally I dislike satin and rouching BUT that is BEAUTIFUL. You are going to look gorgeous, I'm sure & I can't wait to see the "real" photos either!
    pinkcow13
  • raissyraisraissyrais member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited August 2014
    pinkcow13 said:
    Aaaaaah so exciting! @JCbride2015 which one is yours if you don't mind sharing? I hesitated a long time between the Kendall and the Tristan but loved the lace detail on the Tristan too much to overlook it. But initially, they are both the same style. And indeed, Maggie and Sottero and Midgley dresses are GORGEOUS and so affordable am I right?

ETA: What is wrong with my jambalaya fingers today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When Satin Actually Works: The @Pinkcow13 story. This is beautiful. :)
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
    DanikaMarie0227pinkcow13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards