Chit Chat
Options

Friends are awesome!

I've been friends with a girl for 16 years, she took cosmetology in trade high school so she did my hair for every prom. She went to Paul Mitchell hair school in LA (like the Harvard of hairdressing) but then she quit doing hair for a few years. Now that her mom opened her own salon, my friend got back into it to work there and I asked her to do my hair for the wedding. I went in for my trial today and loved it and then I asked how much I owed her and she said "What?! Oh sweetie, nothing, I'm not even charging you on your wedding day, it's my gift!" Aaaaw I didn't expect that! 

One of my 2 bridesmaids is a makeup artist and has done many of our friend's weddings, and she is also doing my makeup as a gift. 

Then I texted my maid of honor's sister, since she's in the legal process of opening her own bakery. I asked if she would make the cake for me (that I fully intended to pay for) and she replied that she would be honored and that it was also a gift. 

My photographer is a really close friend. She didn't think she could afford to fly here for the wedding since she has 3 kids. So I offered to hire her for photography and fly her here because we both really wanted her here. She was just so excited to be able to come that she said the photography is a gift! I still plan to give her a nice check anyways, but it's really touching to see so many generous friends- love them!!!

Re: Friends are awesome!

• Options
    Holy moly. That's pretty fantastic!

image   image   image

• Options
    That's so lovely. A wonderful testament to highly your friends think of you. Congrats!
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yesss!! That is so awesome. You have wonderful friends. So generous of them. 
  • Options
    Your friends are awesome!  I would still write each of them a great thank you note and maybe give them a personalized gift or a tip of some kind.  Anything so they know how much you appreciate them. Their gifts are worth a lot of money, as well as time and energy.
  • Options
    Wow, you know some pretty cool people!
  • Options
    Not only do you have wonderful friends, it really says how wonderful of a friend that you are :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What awesome friends!
  • Options

Great idea @rebeccab88 ! One friend is serving as my officiant for no charge so I'm going to get her a gift card to the running store she loves. I should definitely get little things for these ladies along with a card.

I'm one of those people who has 3-4 close friends instead of 100 so sometimes I get lonely and feel like eveyone has these huge "posse's" except for me. But now I see these few I have are the best ever!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards