May 2015 Weddings

How do I make sure my new color scheme reads "Spring-y"?

I made the mistake of picking and planning things around a pastel color scheme of mint and blush for months before I picked a venue. And the venue I fell in love, a beautiful B&B outside of Lexington, KY, with just won't sit right with such a light color scheme. It's all dark wood and leather and forest greens with an equestrian/huntsman lodge decor theme. So I have redone my color scheme and settled on hunter green, cream/ivory and gold/champagne. My dress is champagne and ivory and very Spring-y with floral appliques, etc, and I plan to use a lot a natural Spring blooms in ivory for my flowers. But how else can I make sure my color scheme doesn't get too heavy?

Re: How do I make sure my new color scheme reads "Spring-y"?

• lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited August 2014

Could you incorporate some other lighter greens as well? Without going too far into the pastels, could you add more greenery to your bouquet or the centerpieces and other décor? If you added a sort of middle green in then you could probably add a pink without it looking too out of place. You could also look into maybe covering the chairs (if they're dark) to lighten up the space.

Try looking through Perfect Palette (http://www.theperfectpalette.com/) or pick up some paint chips from a hardware store and mix and match to see what other greens and pinks look good with the dark green.

For what it's worth, I think that a darker blush pink could still look really nice with dark green!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am having a similar dilemma. I am doing a bright red as my main color with champagne as an accent. I am pairing it with a lighter red to bring in the spring. I was thinking about trying to use the red as an accent instead of a main color to make it lighter. 
  • I'd add lighter greens and some off-white spring flowers.
  • I am having a similar dilemma. I am doing a bright red as my main color with champagne as an accent. I am pairing it with a lighter red to bring in the spring. I was thinking about trying to use the red as an accent instead of a main color to make it lighter. 

My sister got married in April and had dark red and silver as her colors. I think it worked well with red as the main color
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am having trouble picking a color theme.... I have the girls in eggplant because purple is my favorite color, and I want to have a shade of blue because it was my dad's favorite color. Anyone have any suggestions for an actual color scheme?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards