Chit Chat
Options

AW- MARRIED! Plus some advice

I'm married and back from the honeymoon!! Everything went so well, with the exceptions of a few drops of rain during the ceremony and a major flight delay to start the honeymoon, but those are minor in the grand scheme of things. Here's some words of wisdom I wanted to pass along:

- HIRE THE RIGHT PEOPLE! A large part of the reason my wedding went so well and that I actually slept well the night before was that we had an AWESOME coordinator at the venue, an AWESOME officiant, AWESOME photographer, etc etc. They just handled everything and did it really well. I plan on writing fantastic reviews of them all. So when you're deciding who to hire, scrutinize the reviews, make sure in your communications and meetings that they seem professional, friendly, and competent, and make sure you really feel good about hiring them. Keep in mind the right person is not always the most expensive person. Having the right people makes a big difference.

- On your honeymoon, tell everyone it's your honeymoon! Our flight attendant gave us not 1, but 2 bottles of champagne when we got off the plane and we got a really sweet room upgrade at our hotel. It can't hurt, it can only help!

- Relatively minor thing, but make sure your florist brings the flowers by the time your photographer starts your pics. This didn't cross my mind at all beforehand. Thankfully it worked out- the florist got there about 10 minutes after we were supposed to start the bridal party pics and we still finished with plenty of time before the ceremony.

And now for some (non-pro) pics!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW- MARRIED! Plus some advice

• Options
    Gorgeous! Love the ruffles. Congratulations! 
  • Options
    Congrats!!!!!! Everything looked gorgeous! Thanks for the words of wisdom, we are in the process of planning our wedding and locking down our vendors :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Congrats! Great pictures!
  • Options
    Beautiful! Posts like this make me so anxious for October! Enjoy being a Mrs!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Looks like you had a great time and your venue is beautiful!!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Such a pretty dress.  Congrats!!

• Options
    Beautiful! I love your dress and the ceremony site!

I totally agree about hiring the right people. Everything was perfect because my vendors were all on the same page and our day of coordinator made sure everyone was where they needed to be at the right time so each thing at the reception would take place without being missed (cake cutting, toasts..) AND my DJ was freaking awesome, my coordinator complimented me on him saying he was the best DJ she had seen and asked for their contact info to see if they wanted to be listed as a preferred vendor. He ran the night so smoothly with my coordinator, and my photographers were prepared for everything. And the cake and flowers? They worked so well together arranging flower delivery for the baker to put fresh flowers on my cake without me worrying. Everyone was so fantastic! I'm spewing praise, I need to stop. Vendors should be amazing!

image   image   image

• Options
    Congratulations!  You look lovely and very happy!
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Options
    First dance, so sweet.
  • Options
    Congrats! & great advice :)
  • Options
    Congratulations! I ditto telling everyone you are on your honeymoon. I just got back from my honeymoon and we got some free drinks, desserts and tickets for a canal cruise (when we were in Amsterdam) because it was our honeymoon.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats!  Lovely pics! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards