Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Wedding on a shoestring.

sspapas2015sspapas2015 member
edited August 2014 in Massachusetts-Boston
Hey Everyone! My fiance and I are looking for some suggestions on how to plan a small cheap but beautiful wedding. Our guest list will be about 20-40 people, we are hoping to have it somewhere in Massachusetts, no real preference on where. I have no idea how to plan a wedding and we are very limited on funds, hoping for under $3,000. Any help on venues, catering or anything else would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Wedding on a shoestring.

• Options
    Do you have any favorite restaurants that have private rooms for parties? Ask them for their rates, or ask friends if they have any places they've been that were good. That's what I did. My maid of honor said she went to a shower at this restaurant that was really pretty and good food so I went and checked it out and I loved it. And it's only about $35 per person (including tax/ tip/ drink) so something like that should fit into your budget if you get a decent priced/ cheaper dress, and a cheaper photographer who is just starting out. I'm having a friend perform the ceremony instead of paying a JP $250. You can get a grocery store bouquet, and do other decorations like candles for the centerpieces instead of flowers.

• Options
    Agree with PP.  Look into restaurants!  Otherwise, just be open & upfront with possible venues about your budget. Also consider having an afternoon wedding/reception.  Or cake and punch?  GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    another option is doing an outdoor wedding ( state park or beach) renting chairs should be under 100- hire a jp some are around 150-250.. rent a vfw or type place for reception, and hire your own place to cater it food could be less, just really depends if you want traditional or classic, or elegent when it comes to food as well.  a lot of sub shops make some very good meals and cater for a decent price
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards