New Jersey
Options

Imperia Brides!

Dear my fellow Imperia brides. I've booked the venue and think it's pretty great, but like my usual self am doubting my choices. How was your cocktail hour? Was there enough food for two big Italian families to be happy with? Were you able to negotiate adding more chafing or specialty stations? Do they put out hors d'oeuvres in addition to being passed around? I'm panicking there wont be enough food! I'm working with Arlene - how flexible is she? I feel like what I'm paying for an off-season wedding I should be getting a LOT. 

Also, did you use the centerpieces that came with the package? They look dumpy on the flyer in my packet. 

Any help would be great. Thanks ladies! 

Re: Imperia Brides!

• Options
    Congrats @mrstaraboo on your upcoming wedding!!! This is so exciting as I am an Imperia bride from Aug. 23, 2013 (almost a whole year ago!)

Def. feel free to PM me with ANY questions / concerns or venting you have  - i'll be more than happy to help. 

We booked the Majestica ballroom and had our ceremony outside downstairs which was absolutely beautiful. My family is still raving about our cocktail hour! We had about 150 people - so prob not as many as two big Italian families but i can vouch that there was plenty of yummy food going around. They even brought three humongous trays to our bridal suite. 

We also worked with Arlene, i will be frank and honest - she is one "tough cookie" with a typical "jersey attitude" LoL ;) HOWEVER she has the biggest heart and is the most creative and "on top of things" person I've met! She will take the time and make sure you are 110% happy with everything! Just make sure you communicate with her and speak up any concerns you may have before hand. For example: a few wks before our wedding i saw some awful reviews on yelp and wedding wire about the venue - i was honestly freaking out. I called Arlene and we talked about it and she made sure that our day was flawless :) I think if we were to just seep on it and expect the worst and not communicate it out then it wouldn't have been smooth and a great day. 

You can definitely negotiate anything you may need - they worked with us to make sure everything we wanted / needed was happening. 

About the Florists - which one did you guys decide with because there are 2 that are offered with the package - I will try to attach a photo of our centerpieces - we went with a simple square vase with coral roses and petals on the table. It wasn't much - but they turned out beautiful and fresh and lasted all night. We were not personally caring about the centerpieces and it worked for us. However, I totally agree it was not a "wow" big tall centerpieces that some brides may envision for their wedding day. You can always upgrade! 

Good luck with all the planning - you will have a beautiful and amazing day!!! 

Anniversary

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards