Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Always plan for 100% attendance!

2»

Re: Always plan for 100% attendance!

• Options
    I can not imagine hoping people decline. Ideally you would want everyone to come, no? I feel like it would ruin the excitement of receiving RSVPs.

Why would anyone purposely put themselves in the position to hope people don't come? It's all topsy turvy.
    Besides, with my luck, the obligatory invites would RSVP yes and the people I really wanted there would decline. So it would be doubley sad for me.

Eh, we had a few that we hoped would decline... It's amazing how much people can change in the months between StD's and invites. Looking back, I wish we would have only sent StD's to a few OOT guests and family. Example: We sent StD's in February and then invites in July for our September 6 wedding. A good friend got engaged in the months between and suddenly all her friends are trash and she only has time for her FI. I was actually relieved that she RSVP'd no, since we haven't spoken in awhile and she treats my MOH (who happens to be 32, single and likes to go to bars) like the worst person ever since she still parties.
  • Options
    I'm so confused when people invite over the maximum.  A colleague invited 150 to a 100 person venue.  Once she'd got her 60-odd declines, she started inviting people from her 'B' list.  I was aghast at the whole situation!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards